BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Be american, get a bimmer
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys (or gals)!

The reason I posted up in these forums is because the benz forums are completely dead and not really helpful. And since there are a lot of traffic going on and many smart people on this forum, i decided to try my luck here :)

Im having issues with my other car, e320 benz 1994 coil-on-plug system. I recently did a head gasket on it but im having a misfire/rough idle... This is really bugging me. I just wanted to get more opinions on this timing matter. I replaced: MAF, IAT. spark plugs.

Can you guys verify if the timing is ok? :dunno:

Here is what alldata picture and what it saying:

* Rotate crankshaft until the TDC marking on the vibration damper and the TDC pointer (arrow) are aligned.
* Insert pins (1) into 4 mm diameter holes (arrows) in the camshaft flanges. Pins must touch the top edge of the cylinder head, except at AMG engines.

CAUTION:

* Camshaft adjuster must be in "retarded" position.
* Inlet camshaft rotated in opposite direction of rotation of engine.
* Inlet camshaft sprocket rotated in direction of rotation of engine as far as the stop!
* If the pins (1) cannot be inserted into the 4 mm holes on one or both camshaft sprockets, refer to adjusting camshaft basic position. See: Camshaft\Adjustments
and here is picture of my car:

What do you guys/gals think?

P.S. Here is a video that I did when the engine was running. Notice the low vacuum reading...

Thank you!

·
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input at least... its hard to get a second opinion, besides my dad. i've bought a knock sensor for it, see if it fixes it because the other one that was on the car was just demolished by heat, so the plastic around the sensor and wiring loom was destroyed.

I'll keep this updated :thumbup:

·
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After replacing the knock sensor, the car is still not working correctly, although it kinda works better... Im still thinking about a vacuum leak in the system... I'm going to try it out.

Would a faulty oxygen sensor, make the car run like crap when cold/hot? Doesin't it take over after the car is warmed up?

·
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try these forums

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/...isplay.php?f=1

and

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w124-e-ce-d-td-class/

Much M104 (your engine) information. If you ask someone will try and help.
Thanks man, but on benz world I already posted the topic and its been weeks since last reply from some1... :cry:

I'll try peachparts.com, see if any1 is willing to help me out.

Btw, I narrowed down the problem to my electrical throttle body(idle speed/cruise control all in one), but I need some1's test results on there "good one" so i can compare them to my. So far none replied. :tsk:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts