BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Maybe not enough volts to turn on the fuel pump. Turn off anything that is on like ac or radio and all lights. If not try battery charge

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can hear the fuel pump and it is doing its thing but nothing after that. I let it sit for two weeks because I lost the keys. I ordered a new key. It opens the doors, and the ignitions says that it recognizes the key but it wont start.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have vowed that I will learn all I can about this car and fix it myself!

......I know it may sound nuts but I am tired of being taken for the mother load because I am a female. I need a coach to give me step by step instructions on diagnosising my cars issues and clearing them up! Who's down? lol
:bigpimp:

·
My ride is my glide
1,235 Posts
Once when my battery went flat the CAS and the rolling code in the DME got out of sequence. Cranked wouldn't start. I had to get car to Dealer so they could reset the rolling code......... Not sure if that is your problem but that is what happened to me

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks ACE

I am at my wits end. I have a 2006 Dodge Charger that runs like a beast. No issues thank God but this 745 LI is driving me :mad::rofl::cry::yikes::bawling::rolleyes::tsk::dunno::confused::D:banghead::violent::wow::bs::drink::loco::behead:

·
Registered
2015 F80 M3, 2011 E70 X5, 05 MCS R53
747 Posts
Start out with the easy things, like jump start. If it sat for 2 weeks could be just a dead battery.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi jb

This is what I have done so far

I have attempted to jump start it to no avail. The battery is charged completely. I had it charged and tested at Auto Zone and they gave me the all clear.

The gentleman at Auto Zone said it may be the crank fuse under the hood next to the positive post. I looked at what I believed it to be and it looks fine. Wires look new, fuse looks fine.

I put gas in it and leveled it off because it only had a quarter of a tank and it was on a sideward slope. That did nothing.

Im wondering if that new key isnt causing it. What I dont want to do is pay and arm and a leg to figure this out. I think that it maybe something very simple. I just paid $ 211 for that key. I sure dont want to have it towed to the shop.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Did you buy your new key from dealer?? Have you tried to start it with the spare key in the trunk(tool kit)?

·
CRISP & CLEAN
4,298 Posts
This is what I have done so far

I have attempted to jump start it to no avail. The battery is charged completely. I had it charged and tested at Auto Zone and they gave me the all clear.

The gentleman at Auto Zone said it may be the crank fuse under the hood next to the positive post. I looked at what I believed it to be and it looks fine. Wires look new, fuse looks fine.

I put gas in it and leveled it off because it only had a quarter of a tank and it was on a sideward slope. That did nothing.

Im wondering if that new key isnt causing it. What I dont want to do is pay and arm and a leg to figure this out. I think that it maybe something very simple. I just paid $ 211 for that key. I sure dont want to have it towed to the shop.
has the key been used to start the car before ???
or did you just pick it up from the dealer & take it home ?

I bought a key a couple years ago from the dealer & it did
not work . I went back to Long Beach BMW , the S.A.
grabbed the key jumped in my car locked the doors rolled up
the windows & started pushing buttons & lord knows what else .
After she was done she got out the car & told me the key was faulty .
She offered me a refund or she could order another key . I took the
refund & went on my way .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for your response.

I didnt know there was a trunk tool kit or a spare in there. I got the new key from the dealer. Let me give you a little more info My boyfriend was the sole driver of the 745 because I love my hemi. We broke up and I took my bimmer back. So I am not too familiar with the tools etc because I would only drive this car from time to time. So where exactly is this tool kit located. If it is suppose to be in the roof of the truck then let me save you some typing because I opened that little door and there was nothing in there. I really do appreciate any info that you can provide that may be of help!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ouch! Well I really wish u the best since u tried alot I think paper might be right about the faulty key. May I ask what happened to the key Ur ex was using? U repoed it on his ass?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.