BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 f10 536i

Love the car but it hasnt been right since the day I bought it.

I bought it with 72k. 20 miles hone check engine lights abound.

Pcv failure. First shop replaced the valve cover did a hack job car didnt make it home. Oil everywhere check engine lights abound.

Towed straight to shop number 2. Who replaced the valve cover gasket.

45 days later I started getting the whistling rear main seal, #facepalm FML.

I finally broke down and did the valve cover myself. No more whistling car runs goodish.

Immediately after though when driving I started getting a drivetrain error malfunction under heavy acceleration.
Pull codes, get a boost solenoid low pressure. It happens. Before I spend the money on a solenoid I wanted to look at the vacuum lines, obvs valve cover removal will disturb them

If you look at the below pic it is the two vacuum ports on tge valve cover just above the boost solenoid.

The one line that is plugged in runs down to the boost solenoid. I believe I am missing a vacuum line in its entirety can anyone tell me where the other end goes.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Your are missing a vacuum hose. One of those nipples hooks to a vacuum line that goes to the exhaust flap back behind the muffler. The other one goes to the pressure converter that controls the wastegate. In any event, if one of the lines is missing you will lose vacuum from the reservoir and neither the pressure converter or exhaust flap will work properly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You wouldnt happen to have a picture of thr other side by chance where it plugs in? All the way at the back of the car behind the muffler?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
no picture but it is pretty obvious. There is a diaphragm with a vacuum hose on it. Look in the tail pipe and you will see the flap.

·
Registered
68 Posts
your hoses are seemingly right! BUT I DONT SEE THE SHORTENED AIR-LOCKING-PLUG ON THE SECOND ONE!
Mine looks the same. One goes to the PWG-actuator and the other one should be closed!
with closed i mean sealed! On the second one should not come ANY air IN or OUT!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
The 2011 had vacuum hoses to both nipples.

Pull off connection (1) at the vacuum reservoir to the exhaust flap.
Pull off connection (2) at the vacuum reservoir to the EPDW (pressure converter).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No exhaust flap that I could fine put a vacuum cap on the second nipple code has not come back. Carvana is picking her up on 08/09

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not every FXX series has an exhaust flap.
my N55 535i xDrive 2012 does not have one.
as far as im concerned the exhaust flap was introduced withe the 540i

·
Registered
68 Posts
The 2011 had vacuum hoses to both nipples.

Pull off connection (1) at the vacuum reservoir to the exhaust flap.
Pull off connection (2) at the vacuum reservoir to the EPDW (pressure converter).
You’re partially right. If your car has Electronic pressure regulator, then yes!
but there are also earlier models (like mine) that does have a pneumatic pressure regulator!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts