Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all my friends, i write this post from Georgia (country).
i don't know english very well but i try to write my problem.
in Georgia can't solve any mechanic.
my car is 2003 2.5 ci, M54B25 AT.
when i touch acceleration pedal, RPM's go down.
and when i put down acceleration pedal Maximum. after 6.5 RpM car dieng.
i repleced spark plugs, all Air items, battery, fuelpump, fuel filter, air filter, cabin filter. All ****ing iTems. problems dos nt go anywhere.
my check engine light is on. and it's write 2 fault codes .

when engine Dies, that i say upper.
then fault codes is more !

Attachments

·
Lost but making good time
'11 335xi; '03 330Ci
5,616 Posts
...when i put down acceleration pedal Maximum. after 6.5 RpM car dieng.
This symptom is perfectly normal. At ~6,500rpm the DME (engine control computer) cuts off the fuel supply to protect the engine from damage--commonly known as a "rev limiter." In other words, despite the fact that the tachometer gauge is marked to 7,000rpm, the highest speed the DME will allow the engine to attain is 6,500rpm.

As for the low-speed stumble, several of the faults you posted indicate potential problems with one or more oxygen/lambda sensors (there are four in total). This is also why the MIL (check-engine light) is illuminated. Assuming the car has over 100,000 miles (161,000km), I would concentrate on diagnosing those next.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This symptom is perfectly normal. At ~6,500rpm the DME (engine control computer) cuts off the fuel supply to protect the engine from damage--commonly known as a "rev limiter." In other words, despite the fact that the tachometer gauge is marked to 7,000rpm, the highest speed the DME will allow the engine to attain is 6,500rpm.

As for the low-speed stumble, several of the faults you posted indicate potential problems with one or more oxygen/lambda sensors (there are four in total). This is also why the MIL (check-engine light) is illuminated. Assuming the car has over 100,000 miles (161,000km), I would concentrate on diagnosing those next.
what i do please tell me.
you think better is to first replace lambda sensors?
and turn off service engine light?

·
catso
3,158 Posts
Sometimes lambda sensor codes are a by-product of other problems; poor air fuel mixture, improper or contaminated fuel, poor maintenance, etc. I would check over and clean the IAC valve, its passages, the throttle body. etc. and carefully examine the rubber boots, vacuum lines, etc. then probably go to replacing the upstream O2 sensors and see if you have any improvement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i replaced fuel pump and fuel filter.
early i have Air leak and i repair that.
i clean already iac valve.
in georgia BMW parts cost very expensive but i try to repair good quality.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts