BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I am student getting ready to buy my first car.

I test drove a few cars which included a 2002 BMW 325Ci, however i opted out of buying this since everyone advised me against it as it had 100,000 miles on it.
Thanks to everyone who responded to my previous post advising me not to buy that BMW for $10k. I will wait for the right time to buy me a new Bimmer :)

However now I am in a fix yet again and am kinda in a desperate situation since i need a car within a couple weeks time.

I am primarily considering either a 2003-04 Honda Accord (4 cylinder) with 65-70,000 miles for around $10,500.

There is a 2002 Lexus ES300 for the same price and 70,000 miles on it.

I am confused as to whether its safe going for a 6 cylinder luxury car vs a 4 cylinder NEWER accord, considering the gas prices and maintainence etc.

The lexus has a pretty decent gas average too when compared to an accord, however I fear the maintainence costs might be higher, also the fact that the car is already 6 years old, whereas the honda would be only about 4 years old.

PLEASE HELP..thanks

·
Keeping it surreal
43,298 Posts
The Lexus is just a dressed-up Camry....go for the younger Accord....

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
The Lexus is just a dressed-up Camry....go for the younger Accord....
+1....Bob, you are the complete voice of reason this week. Next week we expect you back to normal...:drive:

·
I'm an agent of chaos
3,732 Posts
I'd have to disagree. It's only a 2 year difference and they have the same mileage. I find my Lexus LS400 to be extremely reliable and affordable to maintain. I take it to the same mechanic that takes care of my bimmers and I find it's in and out faster, cheaper, and less frequently. While the ES is really a dressed up Camry the Accord isn't a dressed up anything. It's a boring 4 cylinder rice box. Another perk is the compliments you get with a luxury car when you're young. If you were 10 years older with the Lexus someone might say "nice car". Rewind to your current age and it's "Nice Car!". All I'm saying is live a little man. Maybe I'm a little biased though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts