BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
So your car doesn't start because its battery has insufficient juice and something is causing your battery to drain. Have you replaced the blower resistor thingy for the HVAC? I did this and it helped, do a search on the forum for a DIY. I still have a slight parasitic drain (doesn't everybody) and this is what I'm doing for now:

1. PriorityStart! "Monitors battery voltage and automatically disconnects any undesired drain on your system as voltage reduces when engine is off. Disconnect threshhold is factory set at 11.7 Volts." WHAT THAT MEANS IS IT TURNS OFF THE JUICE TO THE CAR WHEN THE BATTERY GOES BELOW 11.7v WHICH LEAVES ENOUGH JUICE TO START IT LATER - YOU FLIP A CONNECTOR OR TURN IGN KEY (DEPENDS) AND THIS GETS THE JUICE TURNED BACK ON TO THE CAR SO YOUR NOT STRANDED SOMEWHERE. NOTE: I DON"T CARE IF I LOOSE CLOCK, ETC SETTINGS WHEN BATTERY IS OFF, I JUST WANT THAT CAR TO START! P.S. WHENEVER A BATTERY FULLY DISCHARGES ITS REALLY REALLY BAD ON ITS USEFUL LIFE AND CAPACITY. TRY TO NEVER LET THE BATTERY DRAIN OUT!

2. CTEK trickler when the car is parked in the garage to maintain battery at full charge.

This is my solution until I have some time to go through and figure out the real culprit. :mad:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.