BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member and have been reading a lot. Please help me. Pardon me if I'm not posting in right spot but I need your help!!! I have an offer from my dealer to lease a 2017 440xi gran coupe lease with many options. I would have 36 payments of $713 for 12,000miles/year. I would have to give them $4000 as my trade in up front. (my broken down 2006 330xi that needs a new starter and a rear window motor and is a lemon I gotta get rid of ). I feel good about just getting $4k for my 2006 330xi. It needs a lot of work.

HOWEVER, MY QUESTION is this. Is this a good deal or a bad deal: is paying $713 monthly for 3 years at 12,000miles per year on a 2017 440xi grand coupe with packages In the pic and $4,000 dollar trade in a good deal in your opinion? Give it to me raw plz. I need to know asap.

Attachments

·
340i ZMT
1,067 Posts
I'm a new member and have been reading a lot. Please help me. Pardon me if I'm not posting in right spot but I need your help!!! I have an offer from my dealer to lease a 2017 440xi gran coupe lease with many options. I would have 36 payments of $713 for 12,000miles/year. I would have to give them $4000 as my trade in up front. (my broken down 2006 330xi that needs a new starter and a rear window motor and is a lemon I gotta get rid of ). I feel good about just getting $4k for my 2006 330xi. It needs a lot of work.

HOWEVER, MY QUESTION is this. Is this a good deal or a bad deal: is paying $713 monthly for 3 years at 12,000miles per year on a 2017 440xi grand coupe with packages In the pic and $4,000 dollar trade in a good deal in your opinion? Give it to me raw plz. I need to know asap.
Run like the wind from that deal. It's a terrible deal.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Because he got your deal without a $4000 trade? First rule of leasing... No money down.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts

Hi,

You did not give us enough information to help you evaluate this. In order to evaluate the deal, we need:

MSRP (you provided this)
Cap cost / selling price ( you did not provide us the price they are selling this to you for)
Any incentives you qualify for (you didnt provide)
Net cap cost / selling price (not provided)
Money factor (interest rate on a lease.. not provided)
Money down / cap reduction (you provided this)
Any fees charged (not provided)
How are taxes handled in your state (optional but helps us get to your numbers.. not provided)
Monthly payment (provided)

So, you did not provide us most of the information. I suggest you read the leasing 101 thread in the ask a dealer section of bimmerfest if you have not already. If you have, and understand how leasing works, please provide the information above for us to help you. Even if you dont want to post the information above, YOU need it, to evaluate it.

BTW, to answer your other question, like Mazda said (who is no longer driving a mazda I think, lol), that 4k money down helps pre pay part of the lease. Your payment is not actually 713. Its 713 + 4000 \ 36 (your down payment, divided by your lease term).

713 +111 (4000 \36) = 814. This is your actual monthly payment. So your payment is not the same as the other thread you linked.

By looking at this, you can see they are not likely giving you 4k on your current car, they are telling you they are giving you 4k and taking a large portion of it back in your deal.

When we get your actual numbers (if you choose to provide them, see above). I would imagine we will find that the deal on the BMW is not very aggressive at all. Now that you have an offer of 4k on your current car from them, you need to work on the deal on the BMW.

Before you ask "well, what should be a good price then?", like people usually do in this situation, I suggest you be somewhere around $500 over invoice before incentives on the new car. Invoice calculation is in the 2017 pricing thread.

I will link both threads for you here so you dont have to search for them.

Leasing 101:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=895604

Pricing thread with invoice calculation:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=916818

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you jjrandorin and all. I am realizing that I left out key pieces of information when I posted this thread. I'll update soon with all of that. Thank you to all who have replied.

One thing I wanted to add is that the MSRP on the sticker of my car which I bought yesterday was $62105 which I negotiated down to $55,305. Not bad for 2017 440xi gran coupe with $12,000 of extra amazing options on it, which I got from adding all the packages and options listed on the sticker. It had everything I wanted and per some miracle it was sitting on the lot.

My trade in was a piece of junk and I wanted it gone, gone, gone. It was a 2006 and paid for many years ago and had run its course. It had broken down on me a week ago with a bad starter and was undriveable since; it needed $3500 of work as assessed by a separate mechanic to fix the starter; fix rear window rotor which forced me to drive with the rear window taped up with duck tape; and it also had a $2300 oil leak from the transmission oil!! Yikes. Everywhere I went I would leave drops of oil. The cost of that headache to me was far greater than anything. I knew what it was worth as a trade in under those conditions. I was surprised to even get $4k. I strongly asked for $5k hoping to get $4k and I did. Also has big paint chips and dings all over too. Anyhow, I only mention that because it was my personal choice for MANY reasons to dump the trade in onto them the least which was to capitalize on it. I didn't even let them know I had a trade in until we had finalized the final price of $55,305

Anyhow, after all the bs junk fees, I walked away with 3 year/12,000miles and a monthly payment of $670. My residual value will be $37,623, however I'll be switching into another beemer in 3 years, mostly likely an suv.

Does this deal sound better now perhaps?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Thank you jjrandorin and all. I am realizing that I left out key pieces of information when I posted this thread. I'll update soon with all of that. Thank you to all who have replied.

One thing I wanted to add is that the MSRP on the sticker of my car which I bought yesterday was $62105 which I negotiated down to $55,305. Not bad for 2017 440xi gran coupe with $12,000 of extra amazing options on it, which I got from adding all the packages and options listed on the sticker. It had everything I wanted and per some miracle it was sitting on the lot.

My trade in was a piece of junk and I wanted it gone, gone, gone. It was a 2006 and paid for many years ago and had run its course. It had broken down on me a week ago with a bad starter and was undriveable since; it needed $3500 of work as assessed by a separate mechanic to fix the starter; fix rear window rotor which forced me to drive with the rear window taped up with duck tape; and it also had a $2300 oil leak from the transmission oil!! Yikes. Everywhere I went I would leave drops of oil. The cost of that headache to me was far greater than anything. I knew what it was worth as a trade in under those conditions. I was surprised to even get $4k. I strongly asked for $5k hoping to get $4k and I did. Also has big paint chips and dings all over too. Anyhow, I only mention that because it was my personal choice for MANY reasons to dump the trade in onto them the least which was to capitalize on it. I didn't even let them know I had a trade in until we had finalized the final price of $55,305

Anyhow, after all the bs junk fees, I walked away with 3 year/12,000miles and a monthly payment of $670. My residual value will be $37,623, however I'll be switching into another beemer in 3 years, mostly likely an suv.

Who are you trying to convince? Sounds like the deal is done and you're happy with how everything played out.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts

Not really, because you still did not provide us the information to evaluate the car deal itself (see my previous post). I also mentioned that the money you were given on your current deal was likely taken back from the new car deal.

Finally, you mentioned that it was 713 yesterday, now you say its 670. I am going to assume you mean its 670 + tax, so 713 (like you said yesterday).

I dont normally comment on done deals, but your original post sounded like you were evaluating it, vs had already done it (like this post sounds like). I wont be commenting further on the financials of your done deal. Once you sign, you have decided that the only person whose opinion matters in your situation (yours) is happy with it, so there is no need for further comment or advice.

Congratulations on your new BMW :thumbup:

·
340i ZMT
1,067 Posts

Yeah, if this is a done deal, and you're happy, enjoy driving your car. What good are a bunch of keyboard jockey's opinions at this point?

One note...the bikes are beemers...The cars are BIMMERS

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
If you had pocketed the $4000 in cash and paid only drive offs, I would say it isn't a horrible deal, but as it stands... Whatever, if you're happy with it, then you are fine.

·
Registered
13,462 Posts
If you had pocketed the $4000 in cash and paid only drive offs, I would say it isn't a horrible deal ....
$55k price on MSRP $62k MY17 is about right around here, for 11-12% off. If price is $59k(then minus $4k trade), then it will be a bad deal around here, but may be OK in OP's local market.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This board is awesome. So glad I joined. That is all fantastic advice. I know I got a great deal now and most importantly wow is this 2017 440xi GC with all the right packages is just an amazing and stunning automobile.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts