BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay sorry if this is the wrong place but the mini cooper forum is not helpful. Ive got a 2006 Mini cooper and when I went to get it inspected at two different places both times the obd will not communicate. It gets power but will not communicate. I checked the front engine fuses and the one under the driver side both had all good fuses. I am 17 live far out in the country and my car is not inspected. I need a way to get to school so I would appreciate any and all help guys. I had a mechanic come and look at it and he was stumped but he is gonna come back tomorrow. The car does have a few modification."coil overs, Super charger, methanol water injection, exhaust system) once again any and all ideas are welcomed!!!! Thank you -Michael

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
I dont know about the mini, but my e46 m3 was doing the same thing....turns out it was a recall and the dealer reprogrammed it for free. Just b careful if you have a custom tune it may erase it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hay sorry if this is the wrong place but the mini cooper forum is not helpful. Ive got a 2006 Mini cooper and when I went to get it inspected at two different places both times the obd will not communicate. It gets power but will not communicate. I checked the front engine fuses and the one under the driver side both had all good fuses. I am 17 live far out in the country and my car is not inspected. I need a way to get to school so I would appreciate any and all help guys. I had a mechanic come and look at it and he was stumped but he is gonna come back tomorrow. The car does have a few modification."coil overs, Super charger, methanol water injection, exhaust system) once again any and all ideas are welcomed!!!! Thank you -Michael
Im having the same problem. My mechanic said the dealer wont honor the recall anymore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I dont know about the mini, but my e46 m3 was doing the same thing....turns out it was a recall and the dealer reprogrammed it for free. Just b careful if you have a custom tune it may erase it.
What do i if the dealer doesnt want to honor the recall?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts