BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So I am going to be buying my first Bimmer on Monday. I just wanted to know the specs and if there's anything I should be worry about. The car is listed for 16.5k and has 38k on it. I've checked the car fax and it's only had two owners and was well taken care of. My concern is that being my first Bimmer What are some things I should expect from this 2013 model, has anyone had any bad problems with this model. Has it broken down any of you guys and is it really pricey to maintain. I'm planning on using this car as my commuter and drive over to my parents at least 3 times a year. It's a 1600 mile drive round trip to my parents. Should I get the extend warranty on it or should I be fine. Anything info really helps
Thanks

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I would strongly recommend you get a pre purchase inspection performed by an independent shop who knows BMW’s.
These cars are well built and reliable but require a bit more diligence when it comes to service/preventative maintenance compared to American and Asian brands- they’re more costly to maintain but very enjoyable to drive!
Good luck/Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

1 - 2 of 2 Posts