BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Help on Lower control arm bushings and tie rods

2668 5
I just had a oil service done recently, and i was told by the shop that
i should change the Lower control arm bushings and tie rods asap..
I had a 95 325is, and was wondering if anyone came explain a little
bit about the lower control arm bushings and tie rods to me, like wut
is the function of it.

thanks a lot
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
I had mine changed powerflex makes the pieces you need. Probably you have ove 70,000 miles in your car, this is a normal maintenance issue. The bushing get worn out. Replace them with urethane ones. They are stronger and the response is way better less flexing.
where can i get the urthrean one
thanks a lot
i live in southern CA
or maybe if u know a store in south CA that will be good
or maybe any sites that i can order it
thanks a lot
can you tell me the function of the arm bushing
thanks a lot
AC Schnitzer said:
I had mine changed powerflex makes the pieces you need. Probably you have ove 70,000 miles in your car, this is a normal maintenance issue. The bushing get worn out. Replace them with urethane ones. They are stronger and the response is way better less flexing.
Check BMP.com the website is pretty cool and they have a nice visual aid when you are looking at the bushing.

When I took my car for alignment they told me thhat I had to replace them, they are really soft. The front wheels move, they have a little play. They were telling me that was design to fell softer and smoother ride. steering felt kind of funny like it wasn't really following me with me steering, to slow. When I replaced them it was night and day. I have aftermarket suspension (that counts) but It felt so much better and steering was so much nicer.
yah, i was also to do alllignment along with bushing and tie rods
by the way, do u know wut's tie rods

thanks a lot
AC Schnitzer said:
Check BMP.com the website is pretty cool and they have a nice visual aid when you are looking at the bushing.

When I took my car for alignment they told me thhat I had to replace them, they are really soft. The front wheels move, they have a little play. They were telling me that was design to fell softer and smoother ride. steering felt kind of funny like it wasn't really following me with me steering, to slow. When I replaced them it was night and day. I have aftermarket suspension (that counts) but It felt so much better and steering was so much nicer.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.