BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a firm at the other end of the country fitted a new windscreen in my car. I assume they would have had to take the wiper arms off to do this? Anyway, since then my wipers now rest on the plastic at the bottom of the windscreen and don't fully clear the passenger side due to being messed with.
Anyone know how i can adjust them so they sit correctly and clear the parts of the windscreen it did when it left the factory? It also has auto wipers if that helps.,
Thanks

·
Registered
298 Posts
If they took the complete wiper blade arm assemblies off then they would need to install them with the splines on the mounting points the same as they were before to be in the correct alignment. Sounds like they are off one or two splines. If they did a good job otherwise, I'd take it back to the shop, they should be able to remove them again and make the small adjustment they need to seeing how far off they are now. If you are not happy with the install job and fear they may break something or scratch the vehicle you can take it to your local dealer for a fix. I'd do it myself personally but you need to have a metric wrench/socket set and feel comfortable doing such. Basically once the wipers are fully turned off the arms can be installed as you can place them on the splined mounting post exactly where you want them to rest in the off position.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is an old tread, but maby someone can help a bit more.

Is there any documetnation or measuremensts how far down on the windscreen the wipers are supposed to be mounbted (I had to take mine dow a notch or two after the dealer had changed my screen). I fear they still are a bit high.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts