BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just replaced eccentric camshaft sensor and put it all back together and now I am getting codes p0021 and p0024 does anyone have any advice on these codes

·
Registered
13 Posts
I guess you meant vct, not vtc?
Is it a hard fault or can it be deleted? Seems like you may have a Vanos timing issue, not sure how you could cause that by only replacing the eccentric shaft sensor. I'd check the Vanos timing to make sure it's 100%. But you'd need a few special tools for that.
Either that or the sensor wasn't installed properly but it's a straight forward install. Make sure all wiring you disconnected is reconnected.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes meant vct sorry didn't realize spelled wrong and I didn't mess with timing so don't think that would be the problem I am checking wires and everything I'll let u know how I make out thanks for reply

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checked all wires and everything was connected right and in right place when u hit the gas u can hear a sound of air sucking in almost sounds like is in air intake but there no leaks sounds like is in intake manifold

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Checked them and they are good I cleared codes and started car again and now the p0021 and p0024 are gone And codes p0300 p0305 and p0308 are on

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's just throwing codes doesn't miss fire when running and yes connected all coils back right

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And wasn't throwing them codes until unplugged and checked solenoid connectors after checked then and reset it started giving p0300 and others codes and not the codes was throwing before

·
Registered
13 Posts
That doesn't really make sense.
Usually will only throw those codes for misfires.
I'd swap cylinder 5 coil with 6.
Cylinder 8 with 7. Erase faults and see what faults come back.
If the faults change you got bad coils

1 - 15 of 15 Posts