BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007, BMW, 5-Series, E60
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, help would be greatly appreciated - ripping my hair out!

I purchased a Wakaa aftermarket apple car-play headunit (2007 E60, CCC without DVD). Pre-install everything was working. Post install the original CCC functions along with the new apple car play - however - I have the SOS warning / no audio sound / cannot select aux and as of yesterday evening no power seats on both sides (every-time I play it gets worse!!!!!!)

I have double checked that unit is installed correctly including swapping over the fiber optic cables. I have double checked that fuses are all ok (both glovebox and above battery). I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting. I have confirmed that there is a red flashing fibre-optic light in both logic 7 and bluetooth units and played with a bypass (I dont think I have other units - nothing under spare or beside the bluetooth unit.)

I am worried that my CCC is now broken. Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2007, BMW, 5-Series, E60
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A thank you for the prompt reply. Unfortunately reverting everything back didn’t work. Same error.

I have tried the MOST bypass in the two modules in the trunk with no luck (see attached).

If it was fuse related I assume the CCC wouldn’t light up?
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Trunk Bumper

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was going to say it's a MOST loop issue until the part about the power seats and SOS. It sounds like the MPM (I think that's the name) in the trunk under the spare tyre might be toast. An odd issue with the E60 is that the module sits in the bottom of the wheel well and when the roof drains are blocked, the water will flow down into the wheel well and fry that unit, which does give those symptoms.

So I'd check the wheel well and see how that unit looks.

·
Registered
2007, BMW, 5-Series, E60
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apologies - when I reconnected the dash / heated seats the power seats started working - I assume they use a similar circuit? No sound / CD / aux is the issue.

I have checked and the trunk is dry. There was one module in there, but I didnt see an optical connection to try bypassing unless I am missing the obvious?

Thank you for ongoing help.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Alright, well no sound only instead of the seats being out moves us back to a MOST loop issue. On mine, I had the no sound issue and it was because the bluetooth module had died. The MOST loops relies on all connected modules functioning and if one in the line dies, it takes out sound for some reason. My recommendation would be to bypass the bluetooth module MOST loop and see if the sound comes back for radio (since that operates at a different point to CD and AUX, which won't come back even after you do this).

In the end I had to have the bluetooth module removed and coded out to get the sound back but that can be a hassle, so best to pinpoint it now instead of wasting time and money coding that out.

·
Registered
2007, BMW, 5-Series, E60
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately on bypassing the bluetooth unit - I still have no sound (chimes or FM).

Today I replaced the battery with new as had the low battery warning before (wondered if that could cause issues), however now have the fans on fully from start up when cold. Very much a coincidence if the WP has just failed too... wonder if its pointing to MCM again?

I have tried looking for the MCM but couldn't find it... after some googling I found out that the KBM replaced the MCM in 2006. Next stop is to have a go at replacing the KBM and see what happens, if you have other ideas, please let me know!

Thank you again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts