BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Der Meister: Loriot
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this may sound silly of me to ask, but I am new to the BMW world. I got a 01 330i for a wedding/college graduation gift, but I have NO idea if it is sport or anything like that. We got it at a Ford dealership across the street from a bimmer dealership, so the price was great! (although it didn't come with service records or even an owner's manual!):thumbdwn: ANYWAY...two questions:

1. what should I do to ensure everything is running properly? I took it to our mechanic who "looked it over with a fine tooth comb" and said all looked great. Two months later I had to replace a torn air intake manifold. I am going to change the oil next. Did the air filter already. It has 59000 miles.

2. what "package" do I have? options include:

- Heated front seats
- Telescopic steering wheel
- Pass/driver electric seats w/ driver memory
- Auto dimming mirror
- Auto climate control (which is currently dying)
- Sunroof
- Not the three spoke looking steering wheel, but the one that is 'bigger' in the middle w/ all the steering wheel controls
- Headlight washers

Anyway hope someone can help! Thanks a ton for your help- this website is incredible

Attachments

·
Former Bimmerphile
49 Posts
Read the Bimmer wikipedia entry. It lists all of the packages as well as what it entails.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome to the Fest!! :thumbup:

My guess would be Premium Pkg and the Cold Weather Pkg. Based on your description of the steering wheel and what I can tell from the wheels, no sports pkg.

Enjoy your car . . . they're a blast to drive!!!

- Rod

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Non-sport, premium pack, cold weather pack. No xenon headlamps, and see if you have the Harmon/Kardon premium sound by looking for a button with a speaker next to the DSC button on the dash.

Congrats on your purchase! The 2001 pre-facelift looks great, perhaps better than the post-2002 models. Whether or not you like or dislike this, the '01s also had ligher-than-average steering. Is yours an automatic?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts