BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My radio posessed and turns on and off, turnsignal indicator works when it should and doesnt when it should... but only on the dash they actually work on the outside...
Any ideas anyone...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hmmmmm, well that is strange... I don't think that is related to any common electrical issue known within the E39 circle.

Could you elaborate? What's your car's exact model, year?

·
Registered
241 Posts
The power of Christ compells your car,
The power of Christ compells your car,
The POWER of CHRIST compells your car.
THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELLS YOUR CAR....

Actually it may be your battery about to fail on you - BMW's electronic control units do not like flakey voltages.

Change your battery if it is more than 3 years old and see what happens next.

·
Registered
164 Posts
A bad ignition switch could cause weird behavior from some dashboard accessories

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Battery is fine, checked it its def. ok.
Its not my switches. I tried to install an LOC for some subs I bought. This all started after I installed it. Took everything out, and then it stayed the same. The radio will randomly turn on and off, the turn signal works when it feels like it and the warning buzzer for your lights when you drive at night doesnt turn on when i leave the car.
Its a 97 528i... I'm thinking something got killed somewhere during the install...

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've heard that it can be the cluster

I was chit chatting with some mechanics about dead pixels. They said that they've seen cars that had weird problems that had cleared up when they replaced the insterment cluster for dead pixels. (Aparently there must have been more things wrong with the cluster than just dead pixles.) Since the Signals, lights, Radio, and most things go through the KBUS, the cluster is usually the one doing most of the work.

A nice visit to your friendly $tealer$hip for a diagnostic read out would help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts