BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I own a 2011 535I, is anyone else having N55 engine and fuel pumps problems besides me?
UH OH the dreaded fuel pump issue. I have not heard of this being an issue with anyone elses 535.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I own a 2011 535I, is anyone else having N55 engine and fuel pumps problems besides me?
You would seem to be the first. What can we do to help you? Is the dealer confused at what to do?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Please tell us what the symptoms / issues are and what your dealer says?

Has it been repaired?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
repairs

Ok here goes....... I bought the vehicle on Nov 30, 2010. I traded in a 335I with 23,000 miles, because it was having fuel pump problem. Actually it shut down on me and my children on a busy intersection. I was assured that the 2011 models didn't have such issues. So we purchased the 535.

On Dec 4, 2010 my NEW vehicle broke down also in a busy intersection. I then had to walk 5 minutes to my BMW dealer. They said it was in "safe mode, but I call it "dangerous mode".

Then, on Dec 9, 2010 my vehicle was back in the shop. They then replaced the fuel sensor.

On Dec 30, 2010 again my vehicle was back in the shop. Which they replaced the high and low pressure fuel pump. I stated to my sales man my salesmen my concerns. So they said that the service manager would drive my vehicle home just to assure me it was safe.

GUESS WHAT?! ......... It broke down on him as well.lol

So on Dec 31, 2010 my vehicle was once again having a low pressure fuel pump replaced.

At this point I filed a lemon law claim with the BBB auto line.

My vehicle was in the shop for around 13 days a that point.

It was running well when I picked it up....but it always does for a little while after repair.

As of March 17, 2010 it is in the shop again, but they say that it fine.

We have a arbitration hearing in 2 days.....wish me luck....

·
Everything's Bigger in TX
7,121 Posts
Uh boy...

That arbitration hearing should go pretty well in your favor. BMW didn't try to do another trade assist for you?

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Seems like more than enough chances for them to fix it.

Oh and that is hilarious about the guy driving it to your house :rofl: now he knows how you feel :D

·
Compulsive Money Spender
80 Posts
I thought going to a single turbo would of solved this problem. I hope you're an isolation incident. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I first requested an equal trade, but was denied.

Talked to the sales manager, but was denied.

Called BMW National, and was offered one car payment, then two car payments, then $1700 and a that they would trade it in if it broke down in 90 days. WOW, I 90 day warranty on a $53,000 2011 BMW 535I.

All the while they made sure to tell me that they would honor my warranty!!

I am a BMW girl, but they have really disappointed me.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
BMW girl,
I've heard of at least 3 fuel pump issues with n55 engine on 535, and several with the same engine on 3 series. I am including one of the threads, you might want to contact the owners to see what happened, to join in together, or to support your case with BMWNA. You might also want to mention to BMWNA that you intend to contact the ABC reporter who did the story on the N54 engine that led to BMW issuing a recall for cars produced 2007-2010

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471138

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Well, I first requested an equal trade, but was denied.

Talked to the sales manager, but was denied.

Called BMW National, and was offered one car payment, then two car payments, then $1700 and a that they would trade it in if it broke down in 90 days. WOW, I 90 day warranty on a $53,000 2011 BMW 535I.

All the while they made sure to tell me that they would honor my warranty!!

I am a BMW girl, but they have really disappointed me.
this is terrible like a bad dream. i think that the reason why my buy back (or in reality they took me out of my 535i lease and sold me car at invoice) went so smoothly is because of the dateline report and the threat of "class action". that's like code to them. you have a bad car, they owe it to you to replace it for as little hassle as possible. sounds like they are doing the opposite

1 - 12 of 12 Posts