BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 320 coupe which has run like a swiss watch all the owned it however the other morning i went to start it. turned the key, it fired as normal then missed and stopped. Now wont start. it turns over stumbling occasionally but never starts.

Yours in hope.

·
Registered
12,460 Posts
fuel pump?? relay?? bad gas??

is all maintenance up to schedule in regard to filters and such??

how much of a diy'er are you?? tools??

i'd start with a fuel delivery diagnosis, check power to the pump, fuel pressure and volume.

good luck.

df

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking relay as i have changed one when i first had the car.

As for tools and such i have pretty much what i need i race classic sidecar outfits and build my own motors so am a fair DIYer. just thought i would ask on here in case it was a common fault which would save some time and money changing un necessary parts.

Servicing is up to date.

·
Registered
12,460 Posts
well welcome to the 'fest!! :thumbup:

as with any diagnosis, i always stress checking the basics, like proper battery capacity and state, as well as things like filters and such.

symptoms sound like fuel related, so as i mentioned, this is where i would start first. depending upon what you find will determine the next move.

pics of said racing mobiles are a prerequisite, though. new rule as of three posts ago, sorry...:p

df

·
Registered
12,460 Posts
that looks like a lotta fun. :D looks like a combination of snowmobile/motorcycle sidecar. top speeds?? what's the passenger do in the sidecar, besides praying to not crash??...:eeps:

oval track?? twistys?? both?? :dunno:

df

·
Registered Non-OP
14,506 Posts
It could be fuel or spark really. Sounds like its catching fuel sporadically.. Could be a busted coil pack maybe, or like I stated earlier just a wet dme/ecu.. Any codes showing up?

·
D'oh, You Kids!
1984 633CSi, 1985 635CSi, 1985 325e, 1987 325is, 1993 325is, 1995 318is, 1995 M3, 2003 F150
31,079 Posts
Sidecar riders have tremenous skills and testes the size of basketballs. They do WAY more than ride and pray. If you've never seen a sidecar race, search YouTube and be amazed.

Edit: notice the bike going sideways in the grass in the background of dj's picture! :yikes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well this morning i hooked some jump cables from my wife's car so i could spin it over without the worry of flattening the battery, and reluctantly she burst into life! and ran as smooth as ever. I ran the motor for about an hour. no problem. Let it cool and it started first time. I will try it in the morning when covered in frost and see what happens then. Maybe just a gremlin then :mad:.

Thanks for all the help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.