Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to reset the TPM light on my 06 e90 330d but using the bc function it does not show an option to select reset. The check control option shows you the run flat symbol and when you press and hold the stork it gives a code CC ID 63. All the tyres have the correct pressure and I have driven around for miles with no luck. Any advice appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
18 Posts
That could could mean that your tires are low or that the TPMS sensors are faulty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, have you changed wheels? A different diameter, depending on which system for monitoring tire pressures you have in your car, may affect the system in your car. I'm not sure when the cutoff point was for the e90 TPMS system changeover to sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
I need to reset the TPM light on my 06 e90 330d but using the bc function it does not show an option to select reset. The check control option shows you the run flat symbol and when you press and hold the stork it gives a code CC ID 63. All the tyres have the correct pressure and I have driven around for miles with no luck. Any advice appreciated.

Seem to remember in '06 the TPMS received its signals from the ABS system. So, look at sensors & wiring. Likely Hall sensors and gap to the toothed wheel is a spec, if that's what it is.

Also, dude....stork? I like it.

·
457 Posts
need to reset the TPM light on my 06 e90
This usually works for 06 cars:
(1) Place the key fob in and press the start button (do not start the engine).
(2) Wait until all check lights and sounds stop.
(3) Put your foot on the brake pedal and hold the odometer reset until a yellow triangle appears - then release the odometer reset and use the scroll on left hand side of the steering wheel to find the icon which you want to modify.
(4) Press the end button on the left control handle; the reset symbol should appear. Press again and hold the button (a few seconds) until the reset mark is shown. (Now you can scroll through the items on the menu and change any of the data you see).
(5) When finished, take the key fob out - it terminates the session.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This usually works for 06 cars:
(1) Place the key fob in and press the start button (do not start the engine).
(2) Wait until all check lights and sounds stop.
(3) Put your foot on the brake pedal and hold the odometer reset until a yellow triangle appears - then release the odometer reset and use the scroll on left hand side of the steering wheel to find the icon which you want to modify.
(4) Press the end button on the left control handle; the reset symbol should appear. Press again and hold the button (a few seconds) until the reset mark is shown. (Now you can scroll through the items on the menu and change any of the data you see).
(5) When finished, take the key fob out - it terminates the session.
Will this work for an 07 328i?

Sent from my K88 using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
3/2007 328xi E91
2,834 Posts
Will this work for an 07 328i?
Is anyone reading this able to describe (or provide link to description of) how an owner can tell if he has:

(1) FTM (Flat Tire Monitor) system?
(2) TPM (Tire Pressure Monitor) system?

As I understand it from reading the Owner's Manual & other references:

(1) FTM system has no pressure monitor in the wheels, but simply relies upon tire/wheel rotation speed signals via the ABS wheel sensors, sensing a difference in circumference when a tire loses inflation, and therefore has a smaller effective circumference.

(2) TPM sytem has a pressure sensor (battery-operated) in each wheel. Signs of same include: metal valve stem, often a special valve cap designating TPM on its flat face, large balance weight 180 degrees around the wheel from the pressure sensor, square transmitter located in each wheel well, antenna module located somewhere under vehicle, and tire pressure control (RDC) located over the battery in the trunk/luggage area.

It seems that a LOT of people either don't realize that two different systems are used, depending upon equipment options/mfr date, or don't know how to determine which system they have. BOTH systems are described in my Owner's Manual.

I have the TPMS, (all identifiers listed above are present--Actually I haven't seen the antenna yet ;-) You can confirm you have the TPMS (if you in fact do) simply by turning on the ignition, and releasing ~ 10PSIG pressure from one tire (without moving the vehicle). A tire icon AND "!" in a triangle appears. CCID is set for ONE code# 139 - 143, identifying which tire is under-inflated (e.g. CC-ID 139 is LF tire). You use the Check Control function as described in Owner's Manual to see the code. Upon re-inflating the deflated tire to proper pressure (per label on driver door face) the warning Icons go away -- no other reset required, except that you SHOULD RESET the system every time you adjust tire inflation. RESET method, and exactly what appears on the instrument cluster depend upon your system.

I'm no expert on this system, having only had my E91 for ~ 2 months, so if anyone can supplement or correct my understanding above, please do.

George

·
Registered
1 Posts
i'm trying to find my tpms antenna i took everything off the bottom of my 2006 bmw 325i and i still can't find it...does anyone know where the antenna is? 2006 bmw does not have wheel sensors they rely on the wheel sensors

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts