BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

*HELP* Purchasing Accidented 335XI 2007 *HELP*

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  motoguy128 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, im about purchase my first bmw. It's 335xi 2007 standard with 114 000km it was accidented in 2009. Damages on the carproof say 40 000$ but the dealer says 26 000$. The engine and transimission are still orginial but the bumper,lights, hood, radiator, alternator,etc etc. Had to be changed due to the accident. Im trading in a 2008 mercedes e350 4matic for the bmw. My benz has 128 000km and was in a small accident with 6000$ damages ( no mechanical damage) just the bumper lights and hood. Now i need to know wether or not im making a good deal.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Hey everyone, im about purchase my first bmw. It's 335xi 2007 standard with 114 000km it was accidented in 2009. Damages on the carproof say 40 000$ but the dealer says 26 000$. The engine and transimission are still orginial but the bumper,lights, hood, radiator, alternator,etc etc. Had to be changed due to the accident. Im trading in a 2008 mercedes e350 4matic for the bmw. My benz has 128 000km and was in a small accident with 6000$ damages ( no mechanical damage) just the bumper lights and hood. Now i need to know wether or not im making a good deal.

Thanks.
That is a huge amount of damage!! I hope you are getting it very very very cheap! I assume it has a rebuilt or salvage title?? And I hope you are keeping it until the wheels fall off because it will always be a tough resale.

#11 ·
Wut?

I don't get it, but I am a slow learner. How much are they paying you to take this ride?

And why are you asking an Internet forum who can't view or evaluate this car "Am I making a good deal?"

#12 ·
Anytime they make a swap....you lose!

#14 ·
Now I need to know whether or not I'm making a good deal.
No. But hey, it's your life...we're just the Internet. :rolleyes:

#15 ·
95% of car deals they make money on your trade(when sold) and money on the sale. In this case they are either making double or they can't get rid of the wrecked BMW and are praying you come back. Either way you lose in my opinion. Why would anyone buy a car with that much damage?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.