BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After every rain, there is water beneath the carpet at the right rear passenger seat of my 1990 E30 325is. A friend help me do the "hose down" thing, but I could find no water flow to that area. I did see some water dripping from behind the interior door panel (this is inside the door seal, so water shouldn't be there). Even after 20 minutes, this water did not appear to be headed for the rear passenger floor, but water moves in mysterious ways.

(1) What is the fix for the water coming in through (as opposed to around) the door?

(2) Is this a common leak or is there another common leak that would explain the soggy rear floor?

Thanks much from a new member.
dlwatry

·
obsessed
806 Posts
I dont have a answer but you could open the sunroof and the are holes on the sides of roof there, that is drainage tubes in there. Try sticking some stiff wire or a metal coat hanger or compressed air to make sure that they are clear.

·
Registered
969 Posts
when it rains, the rear passenger side floor gets soaked. I have a hole in the front right where you would jack up the car. i think the water comes right through the floor and travels because i havent found any other leak for water to get to the passenger rear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the come backs. I park on the flat all the time. For instance, I parked it on the flat last night, it rained last night, and the floor is wet today. I'll check the sunroof drains - I didn't look that high yesterday.

dlwatry

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi, try checking the drains for the fresh air & wiper cavities, it may be filling w/ water. there is a drain hole on the passenger side of the fire wall, just above from the rear of the valve cover. the drain hole should have a rubber tube affixed to it, pointing down, check to see if the tube is clogged. also check the sealing of the blower motor housing to the body sheet metal in the cavity. also check the sunroof drain tubes. these tubes run from the sunroof drain holes , down the "a" pillars & connect to metal drain tubes in the kick panel areas behind the speakers. remove the kick panels & speakers, locate the tubes, & use a small funnel to pour water into the drains up at the sunroof drain cavity, & then look for any leaks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.