BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bimmer life
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay first off Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum. Nice to meet all of you and hopefully I can get some insight. Okay long story short I have a 2008 BMW 335i. I just completed a clutch job on it and prior to starting the clutch job the car ran completely fine. After finishing the job I proceeded to start he car and it had he engine malfunction and dsc faults and was running somewhat crappy no power no boost "limp mode?" (Car sat for 2 weeks with battery disconnected during clutch job) I drove it from my house to my buddy's so it would be easier to work on and when I put my obd2 scanner in it. It said there was a po335 code (crankshaft position sensor). Here's where I'm stuck. I have replaced the crankshaft sensor (twice) just to weed out the possibility that I may have gotten a bad sensor. After 2 replacements it is STILL throwing the po335 code. And now a new code appeared that is a po205 which I believe was injector #5. Kinda perplexed. I don't know if the wiring to the sensor is messed up someplace. And I assume that driving it to my friends house caused the injector to go. I don't know where to go from here!!
New injectors
New wiring?
Someone mentioned hat the cam sensors could be causing some problems.
Any input is appreciated!

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Did you buy an original BMW sensor?

·
Bimmer life
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, i got one from O'Reileys. My dad put an O2 sensor in his jeep that was not OEM and it ran horribly. That thought crossed my mind. Has anyone else tried any other brand sensors?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
No, i got one from O'Reileys. My dad put an O2 sensor in his jeep that was not OEM and it ran horribly. That thought crossed my mind. Has anyone else tried any other brand sensors?
I know E39 owners had a lot of problem with aftermarket crankshaft sensors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts