BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I'm brand new here. May 7th, I purchased a 2005 645cic. It is a beautiful car. Only problem is that the brake calipers have surface rust on them :thumbdwn:. Can anyone give me any advice on how to remove the rust and keep it from comming back?

·
Keeping it surreal
43,253 Posts
I think you mean "rotors", not "calipers"....rotors are raw cast iron/steel, and will rust after washing the car, rain, driving through a puddle, etc. This is NOT considered abnormal in any way. If it bothers you that much, pull `em off, and spend the entire day masking them off and painting them (except for the pad contact area) with VHT paint.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Fast Bob, but I mean calipers not rotors. I know that it sounds funny but it is the calipers. I currently have the 118 factory wheels. I just ordered the Star Spoke 128 19" wheels and I know that the rust will look terrible.

·
Bimmer Driver
397 Posts
pull the calipers off and and use a rotating wire brush with compressed air or sandblasting

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BMWTuRk7x,

Thanks for the reply. :thumbup: I will try to take some photos of the rusted area and repost soon. Thanks again for your input.

·
Registered
93 Posts
pull the calipers off and and use a rotating wire brush with compressed air or sandblasting
Then prime and paint red, yellow, black, silver, ....

·
Bimmer Driver
397 Posts
Then prime and paint red, yellow, black, silver, ....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts