BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to make the car dial out? I receive calls but cant dial out calls except from the keypad. then it takes over. The website says it wont dial contacts, only speed dila numbers, but I can seem to get that to work either...

Thanks
Lasvegasphil

·
european auto source
5,879 Posts
LasVegasPhil said:
Anyone know how to make the car dial out? I receive calls but cant dial out calls except from the keypad. then it takes over. The website says it wont dial contacts, only speed dila numbers, but I can seem to get that to work either...

Thanks
Lasvegasphil
We have the following info on our website w/ the Treo 650:

The Treo 650 is compatible after updating it with software version 1.12. Download this update to your PC at http://www.palmone.com/us/support/sprintup05/ and then hot sync to your Treo 650. Update support is also provided at Sprint retail stores. Only phone numbers stored as Speed Dial entries will be accessible from your BMW. Your BMW will not be able to access phone numbers stored as Contacts in your PalmOne Treo 650.

Link can be found here on our knowledgebase: http://www.europeanautosource.com/support-center/index.php?x=&mod_id=2&root=21&id=30#F4

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
That s/w version can vary depending on the service provider - my unlocked 650 is on 1.20-ENA. What provider are you with, and what version is your treo running? (phone screen, then menu, options, phone info)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am on Sprint and before I upgraded the firmware I had the same problem with my BT setup on my 740. I updated the firmware on the phone and I was able to dial speed dials from the steering wheel. I still cannot use the "phone" screen to dial numbers, but my BT kit also added voice recognition so I can just say "dial number" and then the number. All of this dialing out only worked after upgrading the firmware.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I figured it out!

Thanks to all of you who responded. I finally figured out I hadn't added any speed dial numbers- I kept waiting for it to "read" my contacts. I've added several speed dials and now it works just fine.

Thanks again,
las vegasphil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts