BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anybody knows how to activate the turn signal to flash three times at a single touch please let us know. Thanks.

While were in the subject of activating, Also we would like to activate the headlights to come on when i unlock the car, so at night as i'm walking up to the car it will be bright, not just the indoor lights.

Thanks again.

G.

·
Aficionado
3,016 Posts
You will need to take it to the dealer and be prepared to $$pay$$, most dealers charge an hour labor (around $125.00) to do that. I don't think your second choice is an option on our cars though. I know the oposite is possible when you leave the car, pull the turn stalk towrds you and the headlighs will remain on for some time.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
The 3x turn signal is activated at the dealer for vehicles 2005 and on. The "welcome lights" feature is available only on 2008 and on X3s.

·
Registered
506 Posts
If anybody knows how to activate the turn signal to flash three times at a single touch please let us know. Thanks.

While were in the subject of activating, Also we would like to activate the headlights to come on when i unlock the car, so at night as i'm walking up to the car it will be bright, not just the indoor lights.

Thanks again.

G.
I had the touch signal option, along with daytime running lights option, activated recently on my '08 (at about 11K miles). The vehicle was in for something else, and I took that occasion to have the dealer activate both options. I think they charged me $50 total for the activation(s). The other work was warranty.

·
Aficionado
3,016 Posts

·
BMW Enthusiast!
5,679 Posts
I have it on my 2005...
That's weird - I don't on my 2007! I do have the feature for when I leave the X3 by pulling the stalk towards me.

I was able to have my dealer activate my features for free. I bought a CPO and after having it for a little while got the checklist and told them which ones I wanted on. They did it for no fee. Just talk to them!

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts

·
Aficionado
3,016 Posts
Your parking lights come on when you unlock the vehicle?
No, they just blink twice when locking and once when unlocking (or vice-versa).

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
No, they just blink twice when locking and once when unlocking (or vice-versa).
Yeah, I meant that the newer BMWs have the "welcome lights" where the parking lights and taillights illuminate when you hit unlock.

·
BMW Enthusiast!
5,679 Posts
Yeah, I meant that the newer BMWs have the "welcome lights" where the parking lights and taillights illuminate when you hit unlock.
I drove a loaner with that nice feature!

·
Aficionado
3,016 Posts
Yeah, and I love the light under the door handles and the rear "ambience lighting"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts