BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I just bought a 2006 750i with some slight damage. I thought I would just need to replace to passenger side door but it looks like someone also took the idrive computer.

I am wondering if any experts can point me in the right direction. I would like to avoid the dealership if necessary. I figured this all out when the navigation, CD player etc would not work on the car.

If someone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe somewhere I can buy a used idrive computer online or locally in Toronto Canada.

What are my options here?

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
What does the main comp screen say??Is it black? In the trunk do you have the dvd nav or nothing?? left side.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What does the main comp screen say??Is it black? In the trunk do you have the dvd nav or nothing?? left side.
There is nothing on the left side. All I can see are the idrive options -entertainment, navigation etc but nothing is displayed when I select them. I dont know anything about this system but I'm a quick learner. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
I doubt they took the main comp or youd have nothing. sounds like they took the nav and maybe the logic 7 amp. Take a pic of the left side of the trunk behind the panel and post a pic.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I doubt they took the main comp or youd have nothing. sounds like they took the nav and maybe the logic 7 amp. Take a pic of the left side of the trunk behind the panel and post a pic.
Cool. I will take a pic tomorrow and post it up. If they took the Nav and the logic 7 amp would that prevent the CD player from even coming on? I would have expected to see something on the screen but with no audio if the amp was missing. Once I get the pic I will send you a message.

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
The cd chnager is in the dash board on the pass side, the nav is dvd based, whats the story with the car?? stolen recovery?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The cd chnager is in the dash board on the pass side, the nav is dvd based, whats the story with the car?? stolen recovery?
The CD changer is there and I believe the nav DVD slots are in the glove box. All of that is intact. I am just missing whatever is supposed to be in the left trunk compartment. I am assuming that would be the Nav like you suggested. The only problem is that I tried to play a CD through the regular CD player and it would not work. I am wondering if the fact that the NAV and logic 7 amp are missing if that would affect the CD player from coming on at all. I dont see any display and cant control the CD player when I select it in Idrive. I can see the entertainment menu and then go to CD player,FM etc but clicking on them does nothing.

The car was stolen and later left after a small crash. Bought it from an auction.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
NAV slot is in the trunk, left side as stated earlier. Only the changer is in the front, above glove box

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It looks like someone just took the Nav on the car. Would not having the Nav stop the CD changer and CD player from playing?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess the logic 7/Nav is what they took from the left side trunk compartment. I will have to find one of these used because I would want to use going to the dealer as the last option. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like this is the BMW partnumber I needed : 65909195223

This cost almost 4,000 in Canada at the dealership. If anyone can point me in the direction of where I can buy this used it would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to find it online but all help is welcomed

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My logic 7 amp is still there but my navigation is gone. Im assuming that the logic 7 and the navigation is all that behind the left trunk compartment. Am I correct. Still need to get some pictures

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If anyone knows any local place I can buy parts and have the shipped internationally at a good price please let me know.

·
'12 X5 35d Black-on-Black
1,920 Posts
It looks like all your electronics are gone. Probably going to cost you at LEAST $2K in used/eBay parts and another $800 in programming from a BMW dealership (only ones who can re-program).

·
Registered
440 Posts
All his parts are not gone.

Looks like he's missing his Navigation unit, which doesn't need programming if he gets the same model

the voice module is missing. The will need programming i believe

I can see the antenna tuner to the rt in the picture

Most of the audio system runs on a fiber optic ring so when one component is uplugged the ring is broken and all of the components are down.

You just need to figure out what components are missing. I assume you can play the radio right?

http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E...2/browse/audio_navigation_electronic_systems/

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No. The radio is not playing at this point. Hopefully I can buy these parts used. I would hate to have to go to the dealership for anything but looks like I wont be able to avoid it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts