BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the rear brakes on the wifes car, not happy with the short life and poor braking. Does anyone have a good site for better aftermarket parts? need pads and rotors, I would look at a better brake if there is one out there. Every site I enter that it is a diesel there is no availability. Are the brakes different from a 328ix or 328 with sport pakage. Our car is the sport model but looking at the brakes they don't look like anything special. single piston.. Any info where I can get the proper fit for the car would be appreciated.
Cheers

·
Pedant and Curmudgeon
6,205 Posts
I need to replace the rear brakes on the wifes car, not happy with the short life and poor braking. Does anyone have a good site for better aftermarket parts? need pads and rotors, I would look at a better brake if there is one out there. Every site I enter that it is a diesel there is no availability. Are the brakes different from a 328ix or 328 with sport pakage. Our car is the sport model but looking at the brakes they don't look like anything special. single piston.. Any info where I can get the proper fit for the car would be appreciated.
Cheers
BMW has programmed the car's ABS/TSC system to use the rear brakes a lot: 1) They're used for anti-dive, 2) they're used for traction control (electronic diff), etc. The rears usually last 40K-50K miles; but I have my original fronts on my '10 335d at 113K miles. Haven't checked my wife's '14 328xd, but it's only at 36K miles.

Pretty much any of the sponsors have brake packages, including rotors pads and wear sensor, for $250-$450. I personally use Bavarian Autosport or BimmerWorld (don't think they're a sponsor). The 328d has the same brakes as the 328i.

Check Tischer and Tirerack, too. I like Hawk HPS or Performance Friction, but there are many others. No sense in going for slotted or drilled, btw.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BMW has programmed the car's ABS/TSC system to use the rear brakes a lot: 1) They're used for anti-dive, 2) they're used for traction control (electronic diff), etc. The rears usually last 40K-50K miles; but I have my original fronts on my '10 335d at 113K miles. Haven't checked my wife's '14 328xd, but it's only at 36K miles.

Pretty much any of the sponsors have brake packages, including rotors pads and wear sensor, for $250-$450. I personally use Bavarian Autosport or BimmerWorld (don't think they're a sponsor). The 328d has the same brakes as the 328i.

Check Tischer and Tirerack, too. I like Hawk HPS or Performance Friction, but there are many others. No sense in going for slotted or drilled, btw.
Thanks for the info. She only got 24k miles out of the original, and she doesn't drive hard at all , and downshifts when going down hills. We do live on a ski hill but barely use the brakes on the way down. It does have the staggared 19" wheels, not sure if that makes a difference on brake size.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts