BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,just joined,for a bit of a read,see if theres any info on a problem I had with my bmw 5 series,drove over to blackpool yesterday without a problem then got back in to start it and nothing, just dead, the computer said start assistant inactive,i left it a couple of hours then it started again,but it done it again today,so its off to the garage tomorrow see what the problem is...so any info greatly appreciated..thanks guys

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
problem with my 520.09 plate

hi guys
can anyone tell me what the problem could be?i drove over 150 miles yesterday got out the car within 10 mins got back in it,nothing dead button pressed nothing at all,went back two hours later it started,then this morning it happened again,but started 10 mins later.
looking at the onboard com it said start assistant inactive. Any idea on cost of repair?
thanks in advance..my motors[/B][/B][/B]ines

·
Registered
41 Posts
hi all,just joined,for a bit of a read,see if theres any info on a problem I had with my bmw 5 series,drove over to blackpool yesterday without a problem then got back in to start it and nothing, just dead, the computer said start assistant inactive,i left it a couple of hours then it started again,but it done it again today,so its off to the garage tomorrow see what the problem is...so any info greatly appreciated..thanks guys
This usually means it needs a new battery. My 3series had the same issue. Changed the battery and it was fine afterwards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Start by getting your engine diagnostic codes read.

Tim
Did that Tim this morning nothing at all showed up,there was a guy said he had the same trouble he changed the battery so that's what I did,final bill a £100 but I'm happy,my motors running sweet.im pleased I joined this great site.thanks for the info..Kenny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts