BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am working to fix a transmission leak and hard 2-1 shifting on my '08 750LI. I see via my VIN that my transmission is 6HP6Z (aka 6HP28). When I watch videos of people replacing the solenoids, they are clearly red (x2), blue (x2), and yellow (x3). However I ordered from amazon and ended up with solenoids that are colored differently (dark yellow, brown, and black/dark green). This is confirmed from two suppliers on amazon both of which had pictures of yellow, red, blue solenoids.

Looking on ebay, I see the same issue of people selling different colored solenoids.

Can anyone confirm if the discolored solenoids are ok replacements, and if yes, what is the correct color scheme?
Jewellery Metal Soil Font Fashion accessory
Jewellery Metal Soil Font Fashion accessory

·
It's better in a 7
256 Posts
Hey Mate,
Where did you get the above from - my originals were similar coloured (left), then when I replaced them they were multicoloured (right) - note this is for ZF6HP26. I'd suggest getting the Zip rebuild kit while you're there too, as the valves are likely getting worn depending on the mileage on your car. You don't want to do this job again lol -
Engineering Auto part Bottle Machine Gas
Light Line Mass production Cylinder Gas

Are your solenoids labelled at all? The colour shouldn't really matter to be honest, just as long as they're the correct replacement part. If they are labelled, see if you can carefully match it to the enclosed PDF below - I ordered mine from The CTSC which were fantastic to deal with - the solenoids should be labelled to some extent. Also refer to the info here Mechatronics DIY (Transmission valve body) which is what I used when I did my valve body rebuild + solenoids and seals.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts