BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all .... sorry if posted in wrong area, so heres the problem...I have an E39 523i..m52 single vanos, just replaced entire cooling system...problem 1 is steam..water coming from exhaust when operation temp, not so much cold start, the steam has a smell...is it sweet, not convinced, no coolant loss, no oil in radiator or vice versa.

Prior to this car has been parked up for 1 year, if i hold my hand over exhaust to build pressure, when releasing, lots of water...yellow or light brown in colour, exhaust has had a headgasket at some point...engine makes good power and runs very well.

So.....could this be combination of bad fuel and sitting around? The oil smells like varnish type smell ( due for a change as its very runny and smells funky...consistancy of water)as does exhaust but only when hot, im praying to the car god's its this as i have put to much cash into it to keep pouring cash into a bottemless pit.....recently replaced VCG.... top of head very clean no signs of water at all...when hot no bubbles in radiator....advice please guy...thank you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts