BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

help with iDrive

814 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  LarryN
I am an american living in europe. My problem is I ordered a US spec E90. My wife is German, and wants to be able to use the idrive and voice commands in German. Also, the radio stations overseas use 0.05 spacing on their radio stations. This means that a radio station that I like is 106.0. My friends cars have .1 spacing on odd numbers. They gofrom 105.9 to 106.1, hence unable to get the station 106.0.

Is there a way to flash the memory of the iDrive and have the dealer load the German software, that hads an English option, and will this change the radio?

Thanks, I hope I made some kind of sense.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
I know my US spec e90 (that I'm picking up in Munich next week) will be programmed for EU radio frequencies, and apon redelivery to the US, it will be changed to US settings.

As far as the language goes, that's an option in the iDrive menu. You'll have to change the settings each time you want to say commands, or if you're lucky, the car-key memory settings will change the input language, based on which key you are using (just a wild guess on this one though). I know other settings are retained, exclusive to each key.
hoah999 said:
I am an american living in europe. My problem is I ordered a US spec E90. My wife is German, and wants to be able to use the idrive and voice commands in German. Also, the radio stations overseas use 0.05 spacing on their radio stations. This means that a radio station that I like is 106.0. My friends cars have .1 spacing on odd numbers. They gofrom 105.9 to 106.1, hence unable to get the station 106.0.

Is there a way to flash the memory of the iDrive and have the dealer load the German software, that hads an English option, and will this change the radio?

Thanks, I hope I made some kind of sense.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.