BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I have already learned a lot from this forum and would like to thank everyone for their excellent posts. I plan to buy a new BMW 535xi in June 08 and pretty much know what options to get. However, I just cannot decide on the exterior color. My two choices are metallic black and space grey. The interior is beige. I know color is subjective, but I was curious to know what people thought about the two colors. Does anyone have these colors? What has your experience been?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi

Colour is subjective. I went for Monaco Blue for my 530i SE. I have beige interior. In my view the darker colours show dust and light scratchs more than lighter colours. Walk round a BMW dealer and look at new cars in the different colours. I did. The brochure cannot give you the same experience.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I have already learned a lot from this forum and would like to thank everyone for their excellent posts. I plan to buy a new BMW 535xi in June 08 and pretty much know what options to get. However, I just cannot decide on the exterior color. My two choices are metallic black and space grey. The interior is beige. I know color is subjective, but I was curious to know what people thought about the two colors. Does anyone have these colors? What has your experience been?
I have Sapphire Black with cream interior and I love it. If you're looking for easy care, don't get black. It shows everything. However, there's nothing as good looking as a clean, shiny black BMW! I'm not sure that the cream interior would look so good with any of the grays -- I, personally, would never put those together, but that doesn't mean you might not like it. See if your dealer has any on the lot in that combination and you'll know whether it's right for you.

·
Registered
528 Posts
/\
agreed - nothing beats having clean blk car.
is sapphire so much harder to maintain?
I had a basalt blk cayenne which was similar in color and it wasn't so bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for all your replies. I will probably get the black sapphire exterior. Is the beige harder to maintain? We do not have kids or pets. I read somewhere that the color from your pants (esp denim jeans) can show on the beige leather. Any thoughts about leatherette?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have beige leather, go for it. Use leather wipes once in while. I have found any colour from pants (trousers) comes off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you guys tell me if this is a good deal?

Coldweather package,
HUD
Nav
Comfort access

MSRP - 57,000. Dealer agreed on 54,000 (invoice:53700)

Do you think premium package is worth it?

Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts