Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With great hope and desperation i seek answers for the problems in BMW 745 Li 2005.

When i bought this car it had a suspension issue on the rear left (drivers side). Whenever the car passed through bumpy roads the suspension used to go crazy and i used to hear loud knocking noises. Maybe cz the suspension was weak or something. But the car never sagged it was always level. The car used to show the code on the screen that suspension isnt working or something like that, i forgot the error message on the screen. Recently i got sick of the noise and got my suspension changed from a cheap mechanic. He just removed the old suspension and installed the new back. He did no programming from the computer, he didnt fill the air back in from the compressor through the computer which i have seen now in suspension replacement videos in Youtube. Anyway, i was very happy with the replacement as the car didnt make any of those noises on bumpy roads anymore. But this morning when i went to check on my car, it had sagged completely and was leaning on the left side. Why is that? This never happened before. When i start the car, it self levels. But i need to know why did it sag in the first place and why only on the left side. Did he not do the replacement correctly? Is there any leaks? What should i be checking? Can i ignore this and continue? I have read that if the compressor has to constantly fill in air it can get damaged. Please advice what should be done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Usually with those cases there is probably a pinhole leak or the BCM is not commanding the module for the air suspension to hold air....Another issue could be that your compressor is bad because most of the time that will go before the air shocks...i have only worked on some air shocks with Mercedes but its the same concept..Hopefully you can get that fixed!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts