BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had my mechanic run a diagnostic on my 2011
BMW 535i xdrive after getting the "drivetrain malfunction" warning. As I mentioned in another thread this has come on 3 times in a month, and it only comes on when I'm on the highway. All it does is I feel the car losing power. Once I turn car off and on again everything disappears and car runs fine. It only has 49k miles. The car had 5 Faults and the pic shows what they are. My mechanic isn't sure exactly what it is since there's so many codes and he doesn't want to replace everything. He said he will look into the codes more and see if any have a common problem like mine and go from there. My question is, after some research, do I just need a new HPFP? That's what I've seen on some threads is the cause of issues like mine. Anyways what do you guys think? ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1468374897.496176.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice, appreciate it! I will take it to my mechanic Thursday and see if he can clean the MAF sensor for me and hope that's the case! Yeah BMW sucks with the vague info they give :/

When I see Drivetrain Malfunction it puts me into an altered state. Could BMW be more vague?

First things first: Looks like an airflow sensor issue. Link do some good?

View attachment 570286

1 - 3 of 3 Posts