BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This weekend I upgraded the controller on my 2013 (8/2013 build) F12 to the new touch I-Drive controller.

I have fitted a brand new touch module and a used touch I-Drive controller (which came from a 2016 car), using a purpose built y cable.

All went well and FDL coding the required values for the controller makes it work perfectly, without any software updates.

I've now scanned the car with ISTA/D and find the following error codes:

TBX: No current coding data stored
CON: No current coding data stored
CON: Control unit is not encoded for the vehicle

With my car being a 8/2013 model, how can I

A) Remove the error codes
B) Leave the car so that it won't affect BMW coding it. I don't want to keep changing the controller back to original, when the car goes to the dealer.

I have read the SVT and the TBX and ZBE3 modules do appear but no CAFD file is present.

Any help appreciated in getting rid of these error codes and preventing it causing errors when BMW need to program it.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hello!

Is a CAFD injected in TBX and CON?

CU Oliver

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello!

Is a CAFD injected in TBX and CON?

CU Oliver
Hi Milkyway,

I actually just realised that I haven't yet. I will inject the CAFDs today but is it best practice to do it to the latest ILevel or to the same ILevel as car?

Am I right in thinking that this will only get rid of the error codes and not deal with the situation whereby ISTA/P won't be able to code the rest of the car? Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay so i've injected CAFDs to the TBX and ZBE3 modules. ZBE3s folder went half blue half red and didn't like it first time round then it was ok.

Looks like all errors have gone. But if BMW need to programme my car will this still cause issues or will it be ok? If not then how can I correct this? I don't want to keep removing the controller when it goes to the dealer, if I can help it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts