BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So- My car would not start, thought it was bad gas so I put in water remover. The car started with hesitation, and I dismissed it. Than the next day it would not start, I went back a few hours later turned the key and it started, as I was letting it warm up I noticed it smoking heavy out of the tail pipe and it stunk. I got in the car, started to drive, when I was shifting gears, 2nd to 3rd, it started bucking and lost power, I down shifted and it went away. 12 miles later going up a hill the same problem but this time the car shut itself off. I had it towed and have been playing with it since. There are no codes coming off the computer when I tested it. I changed the fuel filter. I think I hear the fuel pump pulseing when I turn the key. I changed all the spark plugs, put a new crankshaft position sensor, didnt notice a rip in the intake. So now I turn the key, the car wants to start but wont turn over. I changed the fuel injectors and had a small amount of gas come out I was expecting more. I dont know if its the cam shaft sensor, bad fuel pump, intake, battery, I just dont know. I cleared and reset the computer but the check engine light is still on. What else can be done besides take it to a mechanic. Thanks so much:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,461 Posts
well, first, welcome to the fest.

i suggest reading the stickies at the top of the forum.

also search for the 'stomp test' to pull codes. it will give you a better idea where to go.

has the vehicle been sitting long?? if so, then get the battery checked. twice, if you go to places like auto zone/parts plus and it 'passes' the first time. trust me on this one, k??

then it's as simple as figuring out if you are missing spark, fuel, or compression if it is cranking normal. if not, and a fresh battery is in place, then i would suggest a starter.

again, 'search' is your best friend.

good luck.

df

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.