Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two things in my car aren’t working.

A) the interior ambient lighting. Dash etc works but not the lights when you open the door. What fuse is this?

B) my heated steering wheel light sometimes goes on and sometimes flashes once and goes off. Both ways the wheel isn’t heating.

Help please!

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
135 Posts
Two things in my car aren’t working.

A) the interior ambient lighting. Dash etc works but not the lights when you open the door. What fuse is this?

B) my heated steering wheel light sometimes goes on and sometimes flashes once and goes off. Both ways the wheel isn’t heating.

Help please!

Don't know if this pic is a valid representation of what's in yr car. Just typed bmw e70 fuse diagram on Google... Try checking the fuses for starters, see if that helps X5_E70_FuseDiagram.jpeg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would it be the 2,19,23 etc? Any idea how to know which one? Any idea on the heated wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
135 Posts
Would it be the 2,19,23 etc? Any idea how to know which one? Any idea on the heated wheel?

First car, first time u read a diagram, first time using Google to search?
Left column, 2nd from top lists 12, 15, 20, etc. Inspect those, start there
*This is contingent on diagram being correct for yr car

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
You can turn the interior light feature on/off by holding the center roof button for 3-5 seconds. You will see the lights there flash to show it worked. I did this in the past when my lights would not come on. I had posted this issue on a previous thread of mine if you look for it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can turn the interior light feature on/off by holding the center roof button for 3-5 seconds. You will see the lights there flash to show it worked. I did this in the past when my lights would not come on. I had posted this issue on a previous thread of mine if you look for it.

Sweet that worked!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update. Lights fixed. Not the fuses for the heated steering wheel. Must be something else

1 - 8 of 8 Posts