Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E60 crank no start new battery new fuel pump, new fuel filter, spark plugs, coil packs, no codes coming up, in LIMP mode. ABS gear box code 553C, Anyone in NEPA that has IMPA will pay you for your time. Thank you

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
E60 crank no start new battery new fuel pump, new fuel filter, spark plugs, coil packs, no codes coming up, in LIMP mode. ABS gear box code 553C, Anyone in NEPA that has IMPA will pay you for your time. Thank you
How about the crank shaft sensor?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about the crank shaft sensor?
could that be the problem? youre the 2nd to say that. the car started and ran fine but then wouldnt start again. thats when we bought the new battery and fuel pump and spark plugs. it started again but died so changed the gas filter. now the batteries draining and it cranks but wont start

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
could that be the problem? youre the 2nd to say that. the car started and ran fine but then wouldnt start again. thats when we bought the new battery and fuel pump and spark plugs. it started again but died so changed the gas filter. now the batteries draining and it cranks but wont start
It is a common crank/no start culprit. The DME doesn't know when to ignite spark or inject fuel if it doesn't have crankshaft angle information.

But now I see you have a turbo engine. How is the high pressure fuel pump? I guess it is working since it was running fine earlier. Just don't rule it out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a common crank/no start culprit. The DME doesn't know when to ignite spark or inject fuel if it doesn't have crankshaft angle information.

But now I see you have a turbo engine. How is the high pressure fuel pump? I guess it is working since it was running fine earlier. Just don't rule it out.
The HP FP was replaced under the recall. I have fuel on the spark plugs, i think the injectors are working but not firing.
:dunno:

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
The HP FP was replaced under the recall. I have fuel on the spark plugs, i think the injectors are working but not firing.
:dunno:
not sure if the injectors are shut when there is no crank signal, but there is no spark for sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not sure if the injectors are shut when there is no crank signal, but there is no spark for sure.

I pulled the plugs, put new ones in. Thats when we got her running the first time. Shut the car off, and she didnt start again. Pulled the plugs again, and they were wet, so thats the crank shaft sensor. Not sure what index the injectors are, but id rather spend 85$ then 1200$.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I pulled the plugs, put new ones in. Thats when we got her running the first time. Shut the car off, and she didnt start again. Pulled the plugs again, and they were wet, so thats the crank shaft sensor. Not sure what index the injectors are, but id rather spend 85$ then 1200$.
Im running foxwell 510 scanner for bmw only codes popping up are DFC. ABS, DSC, and traction control, LIMP mode, Transfer case, and thats it, I bought a ACID battery, do you think the AGM would make a difference no factory bmw battery.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Im running foxwell 510 scanner for bmw only codes popping up are DFC. ABS, DSC, and traction control, LIMP mode, Transfer case, and thats it, I bought a ACID battery, do you think the AGM would make a difference no factory bmw battery.
As long as it is fully charged, there shouldn't be a difference. But the charging characteristics are different for AMG and acid. So on the long run it may run low. If there is an option for acid battery in the computer, you will need to code it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As long as it is fully charged, there shouldn't be a difference. But the charging characteristics are different for AMG and acid. So on the long run it may run low. If there is an option for acid battery in the computer, you will need to code it.
okay thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts