BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to BMW period this car was given to me and I have no idea about anything on them. So I am at a loss right now and need any help i can get. Anyway I recently had to change the serpentine belt on my 2003 325i due to it breaking suddenly with no warning. In the process of that I found my water pump pulley, idler pulley, and hydraulic belt tensioner were also toast. Changed all those put a new belt back on and then made it no more 500 ft and the belt shredded again. Any ideals on what could be causing so I'm not just throwing money at it constantly

·
Keeping it surreal
43,097 Posts
You have an entire library of E46 information right at your fingertips. Just about every possible scenario has been discussed here many times.

1. Read the Sticky Threads

2. Read the E46 Wiki

3. Learn to use the SEARCH function

4. Check out the many good DIY videos on YouTube

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
...I recently had to change the serpentine belt on my 2003 325i due to it breaking suddenly with no warning. In the process of that I found my water pump pulley, idler pulley, and hydraulic belt tensioner were also toast. Changed all those put a new belt back on and then made it no more 500 ft and the belt shredded again.
When you installed the new pulley, you did see it was notched right? If it's not in the correct spot it will cause belt failure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts