BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
chillen
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive looked and looked and i might be missing something but i am having a world of trouble finding the side moulding for the sport trim project im working on. i got the window situation taken care of with paint. but i cant find the mouldings for the sides of the door in black anywhere. like i said i might just be overlooking something anyone know where to find this plzzz help its actually getting really annoying. thanks for any imput.:thumbup:

ps you can see in my sig i have the chrome moulding on my passanger door im lookin to switch that to all black.

·
livin the 'Fest
4,280 Posts
look for non sport moldings or possibly 528i moldings. another is too paint those black as well.

·
livin the 'Fest
4,280 Posts
another option is could put black pin stripe on the chrome, BUT pelican parts has them starting at 25 for the m5 molding. just type in door molding in the serch space.

·
chillen
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so the m5 moldings are what im lookin for. is this the right part number?
51-13-8-159-296-M9 thats the correct part right?

·
livin the 'Fest
4,280 Posts
yeah that looks right, the m5 one as you can see in the photo looks wider, but that is because there no chrome. the funny thing is on my 97, i must of luck out with the trim package, every thing was black already. oh don't forget the fender molding. unless you want to paint them to match than i suggest to get the primered ones.

·
chillen
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just ordered them from pelican. they come black soo i dont think ill need to paint them. not to shabby, thanks for the help lild

·
livin the 'Fest
4,280 Posts
no problem.to pop of the old one's, get a small flat head screw driver and slide the head inbetween the molding and door, with the door open, exp. open drivers door start at the back, now on the back door leave it close with the front door still open. and start at the front. use a rag if you want to and pry towards you. once one end comes up. just pull the rest. on the fender if you want to you can loosen the splash sheild and reach in behind the fender and push the clips out. curse a little. it helps.lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts