BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my 1st BMW EVER!!!! and im madly in love with but this is the issue and i need advice....it seems that when i 1st bought the car they washed it and waxed it b4 they gave it 2 me well 2 weeks later i washed it again this time i didnt wax it and i saw chips of paint coming off my front bumper the whole front from the front of the hood to the bottom!!! i was like WTF i was thinking of getting the touch up paint stick from my local bmw dealer but any advice or comments on wat happened? was it the wax? cuz i really looked at the car b4 i signed the papers and there was no chips of paint missing......anything would really help....or should i just get a paint job for the front?

thx!

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
i just got my 1st BMW EVER!!!! and im madly in love with but this is the issue and i need advice....it seems that when i 1st bought the car they washed it and waxed it b4 they gave it 2 me well 2 weeks later i washed it again this time i didnt wax it and i saw chips of paint coming off my front bumper the whole front from the front of the hood to the bottom!!! i was like WTF i was thinking of getting the touch up paint stick from my local bmw dealer but any advice or comments on wat happened? was it the wax? cuz i really looked at the car b4 i signed the papers and there was no chips of paint missing......anything would really help....or should i just get a paint job for the front?

thx!
If your car included a certified warranty, take it back to the dealer to demand a new paint job on the front bumper (and hood?). I would guess the car had numerous stone chips and possibly some scrapes on the front, and the dealer did a half ass job to cover the damage. The surface was not prepped correctly and that's why the paint is coming off.

Yes, you will need it repainted, and properly this time. Even if you don't have a certified warranty, demand a new paint job anyway. Any dealer should make this right, if they value their reputation.

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
paint jobs are not covered in the warrenty.....i just read the book online :(
Yes, but the dealer most likely, essentially covered up damage to try to, for the lack of better words, flim flam you.

I'll give you an example of what I'm saying. I bought a CPO '08 M3 convertible from a BMW dealer. Before buying it, I saw numerous stone chips damage on the front end, a scrape under the front, sidewall damage on the two right side tires, and damage on two wheels. The dealer fixed all including repainting the front bumper. But, all they did was spray over the stone chips and the scrape to try to get away with a cheap fix. I had them send the bumper out to a body shop that I use to have the bumper professionally repainted, and the dealer paid for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.