BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am hoping you can help me. I have an 86 BMW 325i and it will not start. It turns over, but won't start. I have replaced the battery, alternator, roter, distributer cap, spark plugs and wires, CPS, ECU and coil and it still won't start. Any ideas on what I can do next. I am losing hope that I will ever get this thing running!

·
livin large
7,557 Posts
carb? no carbs on these eh. only throttle bodies. but anywho, check you crank sensor. yours should be down by the harmonic about the 2 o clock position.

·
livin large
7,557 Posts
We replaced that sensor already, should we replace the bolt on one? We were told that there are two crank sensors, but we only replaced the one....
i only remember the one. is the gap correct? i know mine acted up and it was only 2 thousandths of an inch off

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We haven't checked the cam belt. We thought it was something else since the car doesn't get any spark. We were told there were two sensors when we went to replace the one. There is one that bolts in, but we didn't replace that one. As far as the gap goes, how do we check that. It seemed like you just plugged it in and that there was no way to adjust the placement. Sorry, we are very new to all of this and are trying hard to get this thing running!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.