BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 BMW 325i It has oil getting into the intake plenum spreader, so I replaced the oil seperator valve which feeds the intake plenum spreader. It didn't fix the problem. What else could I try to do???

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,977 Posts
I have a 2004 BMW 325i It has oil getting into the intake plenum spreader, so I replaced the oil seperator valve which feeds the intake plenum spreader. It didn't fix the problem. What else could I try to do???
Did you replace all the hoses as well as the CVV?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes

Yes, I replaced all hoses. There seems to be alot of oil comming into the intake. All I can think of now is that there is a drain hole in the head plugged which is keeping alot more oil in the area under the valve cover. Any more thoughts, I am desperate.

·
catso
3,161 Posts
Yes, I replaced all hoses. There seems to be alot of oil comming into the intake. All I can think of now is that there is a drain hole in the head plugged which is keeping alot more oil in the area under the valve cover. Any more thoughts, I am desperate.
If you think that's the cause, remove the valve cover, unplug the drain holes, and desludge as much as you can and confirm that oil can return to the pan. I recently replaced my oil filter housing gasket and found a great deal of sludge in all the passageways.

·
Registered
135 Posts
How about the dipstick guide tube, did you make sure that there was nothing blocking the oil returning to the oil pan? You can try to remove the hose connecting the CVV to the front of the valve cover and blow air into it - you should be able to hear the air bubble through the oil in the oil pan...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I pulled the dipstick out and checked it. It was not plugged and air flows freely through the vent drain tube. I reinstalled it with a new o-ring.

·
Learning Daily
278 Posts
when you say the intake plenum spreader im assuming ur talking about the DISA (variable intake runner flap). the CVV wont be able to prevent ALL the oil from being sucked into the intake so seeing a bit of oil in the DISA flap is normal. the CVV does prevent most of the oil from being sucked back into the intake but it will not prevent all of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts