BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i don't know much about bmws mechanic wise, i do know that they can be expensive on gas and difficult to fix sometimes. I have always loved bmws and i am particularly IN LOVE with the 5 series. Im planning on saving up for one within the years of 2005-2008. I am confused though and which one i should get. I love the 530i (its so beautiful interior and exterior) but i don't know the difference between the other models. since i don't know the differences between the models, I'm clueless on the little things like how much gas it takes per mile or what type of gas i should use (i assume super high premium, my dad has a Mercedes and thats what he uses). If someone can give me some information on the different 5 series models i would appreciate it so much. Also, I'm not familiar with big mechanic words so simple language would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Take a good look at the stick thread "So you bought an E60". it helped me a ton.

·
Registered
9 Posts
in my opinion (I'm biased) the GOAT E60 is what I have. the 2008 535i w/ sport package & 6MT

older n54 TT motor, but all of the newer updates in lights/interior, unbelievable sports seats/steering wheel looks better. Great sports suspension and 18" wheels.

It truly in my opinion is the best one...when i see a sub 2007ish now it looks like a crappy grandpa car with chrome trim, huge wheel gap, 16" fat five spokes that are ugly, no HIDs nor the updated better tail lights
interior looks more dated and the steering wheel is doodoo..

the ONLY thing i wish it had was the newer idrive that i believe started in 2009. but it works fine, and id rather have the minimal mods i have on the n54 giving it 400whp/400wtq.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts