26,111 Posts
It's looking very good, mate.

How's life in Ol' London ? :D

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
nate328Ci said:

The Cajun Calamari at Emeril's is soooo good :thumbup:
I'd love to go. I wanna check out one of Mario Batali's restaurants as well. Oh and F Bobby Flay.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
webguy330i said:

I'd love to go. I wanna check out one of Mario Batali's restaurants as well. Oh and F Bobby Flay.
Ah, I want to go to visit every notable restaurant in the world :p

My favorites that I have visited are Graycliff in Nassau, America's in Houston, and Dickie Brennan's here :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
nate328Ci said:

Ah, I want to go to visit every notable restaurant in the world :p
quite an ambitious feat, i like that :thumbup:

Ever been to Burns steak house down here in Tampa?

dbanugo... great looking car....where about in london are you from

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
///Mathew said:

quite an ambitious feat, i like that :thumbup:

dbanugo... great looking car....where about in london are you from
Nope, never been to Tampa...

edit: You're coming to NO for Thanksgiving, right? Gotta eat at some of the finer restaurants, lots of good ones. As I said before, Dickie Brennans has fantastic steaks. Make reservations ASAP wherever you go...

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
///Mathew said:

Nope, been to the Mons Venus though. :lmao:

·
Spelling Impaired
5,658 Posts
dbanugo said:
19 inch CH alloys 330cic sports. what do you guys think
Getting back on topic...that was some pretty blatant thread hijacking going on.:tsk: :p

Very nice...

How far away do you have to go to "really" drive it? I live about two hours north of London and when ever I have headed anywhere near London, I have always had to suffer on the worlds largest car park, aka the M25 and other associated Motorways.

BTW you didn't happen to buy your car from the joint BMW/Alpina dealership just down the road from St. Pauls did you?

·
Phlyers Phan
363 Posts
just got back from 2 weeks in the UK

nice 330Ci, though I gotta ask, do you think anything bigger than the 3L is a bit overkill?

the 3L engine has got to be Mad Fast for the London roads. Since most cars are in the 2.0L size - a nicely engineered 3L must be hella fast for those roads.

I was driving my friends 2.0L celica (6 speed) and that thing could move pretty well - it seems anything bigger is almost useless.... (damn those speed cameras).

I saw a couple M3's while i was out there and it struck me as there being no point in getting the //M.

I drove a friends 528 5sp and that was the perfect mix of performance and luxury.

What part of london are you from? I hope you aren't a Gooner...
I was born in Preston, but lived in Manchester as a kid before moving the States... so I'm a Red Devils fan.

> Desertnate
Where abouts are you from? I was mostly in London, near tottenham but i did go and visit friends in Luton, Royston, Preston and Coventry as well as a road trip up to Hull.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
nate328Ci said:

edit: You're coming to NO for Thanksgiving, right? Gotta eat at some of the finer restaurants, lots of good ones. As I said before, Dickie Brennans has fantastic steaks. Make reservations ASAP wherever you go...
Not me.....

I was in NO a while back, and i had Sunday brunch at some ritz place, cant remember the name though

·
Registered
213 Posts
Gotta love the look of a convertible when it has a hardtop on it! :thumbup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks those tires look too big? Especially the front... almost looks like a monster truck.

Boba

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
fboba said:
Am I the only one who thinks those tires look too big? Especially the front... almost looks like a monster truck.

Boba
It could use a .3-.4" drop in the front, but it's definitely not necessary IMO. Looks great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
here is mine with 19 inch CH Alloys

My car is not lowered at all. I am getting some arch rubbing when i have people in the back. will need to do some arch modification.

the drive was not as bad as i thought, but uk roads are not the best. looks the bollocks so will scarifice ride quality for a bit of vanity.

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
Re: here is mine with 19 inch CH Alloys

dbanugo said:
My car is not lowered at all. I am getting some arch rubbing when i have people in the back. will need to do some arch modification.

the drive was not as bad as i thought, but uk roads are not the best. looks the bollocks so will scarifice ride quality for a bit of vanity.
Yeah it could probably use a slightly forward stance, so maybe .4" front lower / .3" rear raise. You could always roll the fenders... :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts