BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMW Visa Card. :thumb: They just reviewed the rewards program:

No yearly point cap. You can now earn as many points as you spend in dollars.

Up to $5,000 on your next BMW Financial Services Loan or Lease.

No expiration for points. As long as you use your BMW card three times a year, your points will not expire.

Additional lease miles on your current BMW Financial Services Lease.

Double points for gas purchases.

Buying gas with the card alone is a great way to get a decent rebate by the time you feel like buying your next BMW... :thumb:

Add the CCA discount to that, and one could eventually step up from, say, a 325 to a 330 without spending an extra dime... ;)

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TD said:
This assumes BMW ever builds another new car any of us would actually want.
Sure, that was meant for those of "us" who won't have that problem. I'm pretty sure you and a few others are done with BMWs...

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
I heard this was recently revised due to disuse.

I really like the idea of no points cap, although I've never reached the one on my Citibank Drivers' Edge.

FWIW, the Drivers Edge program has a 500pt/yr cap and points expire every 5 years (although you can cash them in after 3) , but you can use the rebate towards any new or used car. They just added a feature that will let you use your points to pay for car repair/maintenance as well.

They used to have a gas rabate before they merged Drivers Edge and the Ford card, though. :(

I redeemed my points last year when I got my car and it was very hassle-free.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kaz said:
I heard this was recently revised due to disuse.
I'd think so too...

I mean, I enrolled when I got my BMW Card in 06/00... But the rewards program at the time was far from decent. I did it more for the BMW merchandise... Also, one day I may end up leasing :dunno:

But you're right. I never used the card. I kept using AMEX. This week I'm using my BMW Card to pay for my business expenses. ;) Being on the road has its advantages after all... :thumb:

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
TD said:
This assumes BMW ever builds another new car any of us would actually want.

I threw my card mailings away.
To be fair, you can get BMWFS loans on pre-owned vehicles, too.

The new points program looks good, but I've called BMWNA asking for information about their frigging credit card at least three times and they've never sent me anything. Don't know how hard I have to work to get one of those damn things.

G

·
JST said:

To be fair, you can get BMWFS loans on pre-owned vehicles, too.

The new points program looks good, but I've called BMWNA asking for information about their frigging credit card at least three times and they've never sent me anything. Don't know how hard I have to work to get one of those damn things.
Honestly, my wife and I have each receifved multiple mailings.

And, honestly, I threw them away this last time because of what was printed on the back of the envelope-

It showed a hand placing the "BMW Card" on a silver credit card tray like you'd see in a stereotypical "fancy" restaurant. The tag line printed there read, "You've already impressed the valet. Now impress the waiter."

I cringed and threw it away. I was disgusted to see them playing up the image-buyer.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TD said:

Honestly, my wife and I have each receifved multiple mailings.

And, honestly, I threw them away this last time because of what was printed on the back of the envelope-

It showed a hand placing the "BMW Card" on a silver credit card tray like you'd see in a stereotypical "fancy" restaurant. The tag line printed there read, "You've already impressed the valet. Now impress the waiter."

I cringed and threw it away. I was disgusted to see them playing up the image-buyer.
That's BS. I agree. But honestly, I don't care. They can play up the image buyer all they want... As long as I get a $5K rebate on my next Bimmer, it's all good... :thumb:

·
3,440 Posts
ALEX325i said:

Sure, that was meant for those of "us" who won't have that problem. I'm pretty sure you and a few others are done with BMWs...
My wallet isn't as thick as it used to be. That seems to happen when you get married and have a child. Plus there's the whole design direction that Bangle is wanting to take us and to be honest it's not a direction that I'm willing to go.

G

·
Sean said:

My wallet isn't as thick as it used to be. That seems to happen when you get married and have a child. Plus there's the whole design direction that Bangle is wanting to take us and to be honest it's not a direction that I'm wating to go.
You too? My wallet been a lot thinner since the house and child. I guess you really do re-prioritize.

No new BMWs for me until Ford buys them and Reitzle is able to get some decent looking ones thorugh the pipeline. Hopefully by then, my wallet will be a bit thicker.

·
3,440 Posts
Sadly it looks as if my BMW days are coming to an end. None of the future models turn me on and I'm never able to find what I want used. When I've looked at what else is offered in the market place nothing really gets me that excited, at least not what I can afford. Maybe I'm losing my interest in cars as I get older. A house is far more important to me these days vs. a new car. I'm over condo living.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
JST said:

I get them all the time. Have you looked up the BMWFS on the BMWUSA page?

·
Registered
738 Posts
TD said:
(snip)

No new BMWs for me until Ford buys them and Reitzle is able to get some decent looking ones thorugh the pipeline.
(snip)
You have got the be one of the only people I have talked to that is dying for BMW to be gobbled up by Ford.... usually people cringe at the mentioning of it.

G

·
DrBimmer said:

You have got the be one of the only people I have talked to that is dying for BMW to be gobbled up by Ford.... usually people cringe at the mentioning of it.
And you're one of a half dozen board denizens who like the E65. Most of the rest of the BMW faithful think it's a horrific atrocity.

If being bought by Ford brings an end to the Bangle madness, it'll be worth it.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hey, I dont happen to hate Ford or anything. If they can buy BMW and not hurt the product by developing "cross engineered" BMW/Volvo/Jaguar/Lincoln products, I'd wouldn't be against the merger.

I have owned several Fords and have nothing against them for what they are. They are no BMW, but then again I wouldn't do the stuff I do with my '01 Ford truck with anything BMW makes...

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DrBimmer said:
...If they can buy BMW and not hurt the product by developing "cross engineered" BMW/Volvo/Jaguar/Lincoln products, I'd wouldn't be against the merger.
Oh, that's a certainty... That WOULD happen... That's just business...

Seriously, if Ford takes BMW over, I'll NEVER buy a BMW product again... Thank God for Audi... :thumb:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.