1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Might be time to wash the car. :D

(Driving in mud did the wheels... 50MPH on a dirt road did the rest.)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Nick, That's what I'm going through daily.:thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

I can't wait till the road construction is finished on my street. (new water main being installed) Seems that the construction crew HAS to test the new pipes everyday just BEFORE I drive home.

At least, soon it will be new blacktop.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
You're going to give me a heart attack too Nick. Seeing the 73s that dirty:rolleyes: :yikes:

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PM 325xiT said:
You're going to give me a heart attack too Nick. Seeing the 73s that dirty:rolleyes: :yikes:
You should see them now... Those pictures of the wheels are days old. I've put 300 miles on the car since I took them. :D They're black AND covered with dirt. :D

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DougDogs said:
Nick, That's what I'm going through daily.:thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

I can't wait till the road construction is finished on my street. (new water main being installed) Seems that the construction crew HAS to test the new pipes everyday just BEFORE I drive home.

At least, soon it will be new blacktop.
Actually, if you look down the side of the car, you'll notice I have the cool wide strip of dirt from the wheels kicking it up. :D 50MPH on a completely dry dirt road will do that. :p Amazing how the Tourings just SUCK dirt up onto the back, though. :) The wheels came from a totally separate occasion involving mud and parking. :D ADB IS VERY good in mud. (RE950s have excellent mud traction, btw)

And on a completely unrelated sidenote, I got my VERY first 300 mile tank of gas today. :) At 320 miles with some gas still in the tank.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

You should see them now... Those pictures of the wheels are days old. I've put 300 miles on the car since I took them. :D They're black AND covered with dirt. :D
Nick you're being a bad boy

Go clean them :(

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nate328Ci said:
Your car has been off road more than almost every X5 :p
Every single car I've ever driven has been off road more than 99% of all X5s. :p My E36 325i was a real ***** on that dirt road... I had to get the angle exactly right on the crown, or else it would scrape the diff. Interestingly, keeping the speed over 40MPH helped, too. :p

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
nate328Ci said:
Your car has been off road more than almost every X5 :p
Aha so you can now quit making fun of us wagon owners:)

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PM 325xiT said:

Nick you're being a bad boy

Go clean them :(
Getting there. :) Maybe tomorrow. I think all that dirt is actually throwing my wheels off balance. :p The dust looks SO cool, though. :thumbup:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

Every single car I've ever driven has been off road more than 99% of all X5s. :p My E36 325i was a real ***** on that dirt road... I had to get the angle exactly right on the crown, or else it would scrape the diff. Interestingly, keeping the speed over 40MPH helped, too. :p
Do you live on a dirt road? :dunno:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

Getting there. :) Maybe tomorrow. I think all that dirt is actually throwing my wheels off balance. :p The dust looks SO cool, though. :thumbup:
Nick :tsk: dirt on a black car looking cool:confused: I thought you didn't drink:rolleyes:

j/k

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nate328Ci said:

Do you live on a dirt road? :dunno:
My family has a weekend home on a mile long dirt road. :)

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PM 325xiT said:

Nick :tsk: dirt on a black car looking cool:confused: I thought you didn't drink:rolleyes:

j/k
Didn't you ever watch the "Desert Race" M5 commerical? I've got those dust patterns! How can it NOT be cool? :D

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

Didn't you ever watch the "Desert Race" M5 commerical? I've got those dust patterns! How can it NOT be cool? :D
Oh I see, didn't put that together right away. I must be a little dirt sensative since after a 50 mile hard drive today my front end is all bugged up:( Had fun running the farm roads though, lots of twisties:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts