BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here we go...

I need some advice on how to take care of these matters. I have lost all hope of my dealership in fixing certain issues on my car.

Most of you do not know that I am a student in high school. I kept that a secret at .org because I felt that there was a bias toward my age group, but I feel that does not exist here. The atmosphere here is similar to a family. I have worked very hard and I am valedictorian at my school. I will be attending college at USC next year.

1. The Harmon Kardon rear deck rattle
  2. A rattle in my door
  3. A few other issues
    [/list=1]

It is not easy for me to bring my car into the dealership because of a 30min drive. It is not easy to rearrange my schedule to go there and have my parents bring me back. Every time I go there, they have been nice, but it always seems that I know more about the car then they do. I thank you guys for that. At first they treated me like a kid, but they soon realized that wasn't a good idea.

I have been to the dealer 6 times to resolve the problems with the HK rattle and my door. They did fix the HK once, when the TSB that used Velcro came out. The fix only lasted for a month though. Every time I went back, they said they fixed it, but it is still the same. The rattle has gotten worse. If I listen to AM radio, it rattles. I cannot stand it.

The issue in my door has annoyed me since day one. The same thing happens as above. They say that they fix it, but of course the rattle is still there. As soon as I drive off the dealership lot, it's there. I believe that the quality assurance people do not check to see if things are fixed properly.

I had my dealership install my clear lenses. They messed up on that. I knew I should have done it myself. They did not get the front lenses to click in all the way. I actually pulled one out.
    I was successful at getting one to click in, but unsuccessful on the other. Since I was getting my 15,000 mile check up, I had them fix that. They said that it was a defective lense and the a piece of it had broken off. Well, I know for a fact that it was fine. When I pulled it out I compared it to an orange lense. They couldn't get it done and broke it in the process.

My brakes are now screeching like crazy. They have been doing it for a while. Almost since I got the car, but now it is really bad. I need them to fix that, but I'm hoping that they don't screw that up. Is there a TSB for the brakes?

I had to come in 4 separate times when I first got my car to have the weather stripping fixed. I had to actually tell them how to fix it. They would just replace the weather stripping and not move the door trim, therefore the weather stripping wouldn't last for a day.

I want a BMWNA field tech to come and fix my car. CCs328Ci had something like this done several months ago. What I want to know is the steps that I have to take to get this done. I need some help on how to approach my dealer. I have been to the dealer about 11-12 times since I got my car in July 2000.

I really love my 330ci. I enjoy driving. I am not a reckless driver like so many other people my age. I do not race, although many people ask me to. I just turn them down. I am very responsible with my car and I take care of it the way one is supposed to. Maybe having paid for most of the car myself has something to do with it. I appreciate the help that any of you could offer. Thanks for your time reading this.

Thank you,

-SilverBmw

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
If you are fed up with the dealer, then I would suggest contacting a BMWCCA Technical Advisor in your area. If the Tech has a shop close to you, then bring your car there. The work won't be covered by the warranty, but you'll have a much better chance of them fixing it than the dealer monkeys.

Do you get the Roundel? If not, let me know where you live and I'll look up the nearest Tech for you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
geomax said:
If you are fed up with the dealer, then I would suggest contacting a BMWCCA Technical Advisor in your area. If the Tech has a shop close to you, then bring your car there. The work won't be covered by the warranty, but you'll have a much better chance of them fixing it than the dealer monkeys.

Do you get the Roundel? If not, let me know where you live and I'll look up the nearest Tech for you.
Thanks for the tip. I am a member and I will look into that.

Anybody else have any different ideas?

Thanks,
-SilverBmw

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.