BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Hey guys, please help

1690 3
Hey guys. I am a longtime BMW owner and currently in an F30 328 spot line

Nice car, a little softer than my previous E90 N54. Anyways, I am having a steering wheel vibration that the dealer can not fix and several other F30 owners are experiencing as well.

I most likely will be having them put me in a new car and am thinking about the 135i so I have some questions for all you 1 series owners

-I loved loved loved my n54 engine. How does the n55 compare?
-for those that had an e90, how does the 135 compare?
-I know the next 1 series will be out shortly but I can't wait, what do you guys dislike about the current 1 series?
-how is the suspension on the car? How does is handle compared to an e 90?
-I am also considering the 128 manual, thoughts on how tHat compares to a 135?
-how is the dct in the 135?
-for those with e92 experience, how does the 135 compare power and handling wise?
-can the angel eyes be modded to look purple?
-how is the base stereo in the 135? I have the HK in my 328 and love it

Thanks to anyone who replies!!!
Drive safe
Justin
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
- The n55 is just sublime. You will love it too.
- I had an e93 (335i) The 135 is more nimble, a bit faster and more sporty feel due to the smaller size
- Don't have a 135, but I didn't like the tiny back seats for those once in a while need for them.
- The DCT is definitely different than the standard automatic. Extremely quick to shift; love the various modes on it. You'll notice the difference and probably like it.
- The manual transmission is the same on the 128 and 135. It's the torque difference that you will appreciate.... not the transmission.
- Again - the 1-series is smaller, therefore more nimble and more engaging in the twisties.
- purple angel eyes? Have no idea!
- Get the HK

Doug
Hey guys. I am a longtime BMW owner and currently in an F30 328 spot line

Nice car, a little softer than my previous E90 N54. Anyways, I am having a steering wheel vibration that the dealer can not fix and several other F30 owners are experiencing as well.

I most likely will be having them put me in a new car and am thinking about the 135i so I have some questions for all you 1 series owners

-I know the next 1 series will be out shortly but I can't wait, what do you guys dislike about the current 1 series?
-for those with e92 experience, how does the 135 compare power and handling wise?

Drive safe
Justin
thx doug
-Everything I've read says that it compares well. I believe the main reason to choose the N54 for some is because it is more "tunable", where you can achieve more impressive #s. (Not so applicable to me right now, as I haven't tuned and am not certain that I ever will.) I wonder how much if any difference in labor/repair costs there would be, if a turbo ever went out. That said, I fully expect mine to last the life of my car.

-can't comment, though I've driven a few, I've never owned one.

-I agree in sentiment with poster above, could use more space in the rear, this is probably my #1 complaint, and this coming from a coupe owner (I always checked, even the coupes from Audis, Infinitis, etc.)

-no comment

-it's great.

-FYI, the DCT is not only the best AT that BMW offers, it's only offered on a handful, such as the 1M coupe, M3, 335is (not 335i), Z4 sDrive35is. That may be it right there, I mean outside of the 135i. Nice company I say, yep count 'em all on one hand.

-no comment on power, but maybe 200 lbs difference for handling's sake. 1ers feel more tossable to me, and 3ers feel more planted. Previous sentence has zero value, it's completely subjective anecdotal blather from an unskilled driver.

-ew! Even if I knew I wouldn't tell you. If I did (hypothetically) approve, my main fear would be replacing high quality ($$$) OEM stuff with cheap crap. No evidence to offer now.

-no comment.

Drive safe
Justin
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.