Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of gas mileage are you getting with your 550/545's? I just went over the 1200 mile mark and checked in averaging 19.4!

I suspect that will go down now that break-in is over :angel:

Last thought: I hand wash my car (Zaino geek) and damn, these cars take a good chunk of time to wash and dry!

·
Registered
69 Posts
18.8 - 19.2 mpg with aggressive driving and/or med-high traffic

·
Aviator
2,924 Posts
about 19 combined town/fwy, but recently drove from LA to Reno at 81 mph average and resulted in 25.8 mpg. Steady, but fast driving offers in great mileage!!

Dick

·
Registered
10 Posts
With over 32,000 miles on the odometer, I am getting about 21 - 22 in combined city/hwy. I am deliberate about shifting at the lowest shift points but also enjoy running the car through its paces on occasion. During strictly highway driving, I am able to squeeze 24.5 but no more. I-drive consistently tells me I'm getting 1 mpg more, but the miles driven and gallons consumed tell the real story. I have maybe 2000 miles left on my rear tires; looking to dump the Dunlop RFT's and purchase non-runflats Bridgestones (all four corners). I'm optimistic that my mileage will see a little improvement.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Have just over 32k on mine and average 20.6 with 75% highway driving and 25% town. Always have Sport Mode on. Freeway speeds around 75-80 and while in town, I'm pretty aggressive.

·
Searching for twisties...
151 Posts
After 3500 miles, 20.2 with 75% hwy (@ speed limit of course :eeps:)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I must be doing something wrong ... daily commute of 50 miles round trip and I average over 20mpg

On the road with cruise control she does around 26.2mpg. Best I've gotten was just after the 1200 mile break-in from Atlanta to St Louis - 27mpg.

I'm not a drive the speed limit guy either. Most of the time I'm at 70-75mph and I also have a tendency to hit 3 digits on the HUD as well.

LOVE THIS CAR - so don't tend to worry about the mpg.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I'm probably a little out of the norm here... The 550 is my "fuel-efficient" vehicle. Don't even want to know how bad my gas mileage is on my modded 996 aero cab. The fact that I can literally watch the needle drop at times has always precluded me from investigation further. But, to the topic at hand, I'm getting 21.6 MPG with about a 50-50 mix of highway/city. Love the car.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just completed a 320 mi. mountain drive in my 2008 550i What an awesome car. One must be careful when following other vehicles and remember that they have to brake to take curves. Averaged 25 mpg even though I was routinely going 80 to 85 mph (very light traffic). Around town, I generally get 17+ mpg.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Just rolled 10K miles.... 20.9 mpg since the odometer said 6 miles. About 60% in traffic or town, 38% at highway speeds, and 2% crazy.

Cal

·
Registered
325 Posts
Here is what I got on a recent highway trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
For my daily commute (75% city and 25% highway), I get about 14.5 mpg. On longer highwat trips, I have gotten closer to 19 mpg.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Are you guys basing mileage on the on board computer or calculating when filling up? My on board computer consistently measures about 2 mpg higher then what I get when I do the math after filling up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
9000 miles, 22.6 mpg average. 90% highway driving. After my 4 hour highway drive tomorrow that should be at, or close to, 23 mpg.

·
1oz perception-1# obscure
3,618 Posts
'05 545. I'm getting about 23 overall. On an all-highway road trip this summer I got 28! Very pleasantly surprised.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts