Votes: 6 28.6%
  • picture 4: blacked corners, blacked grille

Votes: 3 14.3%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Which of these four pictures looks best? Note the combinations, such as clears or blacked out grille. They are not in any order of preference.

picture 1
(clear corners, normal nose grille)

picture 2
(clear corners, blacked out nose grille)

picture 3
(blacked out corners, normal nose grille)

picture 4
(blacked out corners, blacked out nose grille)

THANKS FOR VOTING!

·
Resident Pilot
1,778 Posts
I selected regular grille with the smoked corners, on one condition:

The corners are, in fact, smoked, and not those hideous nipple lights you see on some cars. If they are, then I'd go with clear. Clear or smoked look good on your car. Leave the grille alone.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I selected regular grille with the smoked corners, on one condition:

The corners are, in fact, smoked, and not those hideous nipple lights you see on some cars. If they are, then I'd go with clear. Clear or smoked look good on your car. Leave the grille alone.
Thanks, most everyone who has voted has not picked the blacked grilles. I don't know what you mean by "nipple" lights, but I heart my new clears, and I am keeping them! Thus it is best where it is right now.

Man, and to think I just did a photoshoot and fixed all the pictures.

I'm waiting until my crystal DEPO fogs and 6000K high bean and fog lights arrive before going through the effort of another photoshoot. I did take a few pics of it though. It is pretty. I think some color-matched eyebrows would look nice though. The clears look even better in person (since I had to photoshop them into my best picture from the photoshoot and edit it)

·
Monacoblau mit beige
2,203 Posts
Black grilles make it look like the car has been the victim of petty theft. Keep them on for a more complete look.

·
Search: Top right corner
1,127 Posts
If you go smoke, you need to smoke the rears. To me your picture really isn't "smoked" its more blacked out but thats a whole different argument of shades that I don't want to get into. I like option 2

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Black grilles make it look like the car has been the victim of petty theft. Keep them on for a more complete look.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WTF? Why do I find myself agreeing with you? :rofl: But yeah, +1 for that.

M.D., I'd say go with a light smoke. Don't black them out. It needs the contrast, but I think the full on clear is a bit too much. The almost black is even worse, though.

I'm adding a new option:

Lightly smoked corners, Updated nose piece (not blacked out, either)

Choose it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you go smoke, you need to smoke the rears. To me your picture really isn't "smoked" its more blacked out but thats a whole different argument of shades that I don't want to get into. I like option 2
Don't worry, I understand what smoke is. I did not photoshop the blacked corners. I have been running them for awhile.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WTF? Why do I find myself agreeing with you? :rofl: But yeah, +1 for that.

M.D., I'd say go with a light smoke. Don't black them out. It needs the contrast, but I think the full on clear is a bit too much. The almost black is even worse, though.

I'm adding a new option:

Lightly smoked corners, Updated nose piece (not blacked out, either)

Choose it. :thumbup:
The clear corners finally arrived today and I put them in, and they are very pretty and I really like them. They might get old after awhile (maybe not), but if so I agree no complete black, and smoke the tails too if I smoke the corners. Just my tails are next to impossible to find smoked - they are very rare.

Also, should I really update the nose piece? My 328i had one of those (since it was a 1998), but I actually like that these ones are sunk in - it makes it look meaner (in a good way) IMO.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Okay, here's the clear corners in action; please ignore the incorrect color of the car and the incorrect color of the angel eyes. My camera does not like my car's color, and, if not in broad daylight, my camera also does not like my angel eyes or HIDs.

My AE are 6000K, which comes out to perfect white in broad daylight.
My HIDs are 6000K, which are displays about the right color in the picture.
The clears are correct in color in the pictures.
The color of my car is Euro Calypso, that is, look at my signature and make it a super-small amount darker (that cannot be achieved in Photoshop without extensive work).

P.S. looks like the clears on normal grille are winning. If I smoked all (Not blacked-out and not including the grille), it would completely change the look of the car.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Who thinks, even without the smile like the E46, that the clear corners make it look like it is smiling whereas the black corners look like the expression a dog makes when after some mean person hits it and threatens to do it again?

·
In vino veritas
3,374 Posts
In my opinion, the blackened grille only works well on light coloured cars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts